Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon half-day afternoon tour from Athens
- Enjoy beautiful views of Saronic Gulf and its islands
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Pass by Hellinikon Olympic complex
- Have a guided tour of Poseidon temple
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, complete with stunning views and world-class Greek ruins.
Your tour will kick off with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf. On your way to the famous Cape Sounion, you will pass through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza).
The Cape's Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the sea. Take in the magnificent view across the Aegean! Сonsidered one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world, it stretches all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese.
The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffito left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s! There is a lot more to say about this picturesque site, but it's is better to see once than hear a hundred times.
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury bus
- Pick up service
- Professional and licensed guide
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Children: 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced price
EO91, Lavreotiki 195 00, Greece
The lobby of your hotel in Athens or tour operator's office.
- Daily: 3.00pm
- Please check the calendar for languages
- Your exact pick up time will be set up in coordination with the tour operator after you get your booking confirmation
Athens's fascinating mix of antiquity and contemporary vibrancy is particularly evident when the sun...
A wealth of ancient treasures are packed into central Athens. On this guided morning tour, you'll un...
Athens is peppered with important landmarks and archaeological sites. And there's no more flexible a...
The beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf are just a short journey away from Athens. This full day i...
This trip takes you out of Athens and into the open countryside to explore. Beyond the hustle and bu...
Delve into the ancient treasures of Delphi and Thebes on this full-day tour. Just a short drive from...