Combo tour: Girona and Montserrat from Barcelona
- The houses on the Onyar river compose a beautiful and romantic view
- The Cathedral of Girona, one of the most emblematic symbols of city
- Montserrat, the magical mountain of Catalonia
Start your full day trip from Barcelona with comfortable bus and guide on board. We offer you the visit of one biggest cities north of Barcelona: Girona, medieval city with one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in Europe and stage where some chapters of the new season of the hit series Game of Thrones will shot.
Girona is a monumental city where you can experience its history in the small streets of the old city centre. You will enjoy a guided walking tour of the city centre, visiting the Cathedral in the old city centre, with its well-preserved medieval streets that lead you towards the famous pastel coloured houses at the edge of the river bank. The old city centre of Girona holds an important artistic heritage. You will be given some free time in Girona to enjoy the city by yourself.
The Girona tour will finish where the second part of the tour departs. A comfortable bus will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will go up to Montserrat with the Cog – Wheel Train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given free time to visit audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors of Montserrat, handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included).
- Round trip with an air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Guided walking tour of Girona
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to the audiovisual "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat" exhibition in Montserrat
- Cog-Wheel train
- Food, drinks and other amenities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to the Girona Cathedral
- Infant 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- This tour is bilingüal and will be in the selected language and a second language
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- You have approximately 35 minutes of free time for lunch between both parts of the excursions (lunch not included)
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- The minimum age to drink alcholoic is 18 years old. ID card could be required
- From April to October: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Start your full day trip from Barcelona on a comfortable bus with guide on board. We offer you to vi...
In just 35 minutes the Aerobús shuttle connects Barcelona-El Prat airport with the center of Barcelo...
The Montserrat Afternoon Tour with Cog-Wheel Train is a unique experience to live if you plan on vis...
The beauty of decorative art. The Casa Felip is a modernist building located in the Ausias Marc stre...
- First part of the tour: In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion...
Avoid the crowds with early access to Montserrat Monastery.This tour not only invites you to know th...
Enjoy this excursion to Girona and Figueres two jewels of Catalan heritage. You will depart from Bar...
Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece attracts more than three million visitors a year. You don’t want to w...
Camp Nou is a must for football fans, but also for those who have chosen the Catalan capital as thei...
Whether you’re looking for an adventure or just prefer to enjoy a relaxing day out of the city crowd...