DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Enjoy a half day trip from Barcelona and discover the majesty of the mountain of Montserrat
- Admire the rocks of Montserrat and taste some typical liquors
WHAT TO EXPECT
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). This Montserrat Morning Tour lasts about 5 and a half hours and you will be accompanied the whole time by an official tour guide.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centurys affected by the wind and rain who shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin). The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded at 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Multilingual Official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors end entrance to Audiovisual "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified in the ticket description.
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- Tour Language: 1 Apr - 31 Oct English and Spanish every day; German on Saturdays; French on Fridays and Saturdays. 1 Nov - 31 Mar: English and Spanish every day
- This tour is bilingual and will be in the selected language and a second language
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- 1 Apr - 31 Oct English and Spanish every day. German on Saturdays; French on Fridays and Saturdays
- 1 Nov - 31 Mar: English and Spanish every day
Departs daily, 7 days a week
Departure time: 9.15am
Check-in time: 9.00am
- Child (0-3) free / (4-12) reduced
Barcelona: discover all activities