- Visit Montserrat and admire its rocks shape that reminds of a human and animal appearance
- The Basílica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as "La Moreneta", which is the patron saint of Catalonia
- See La Pedrera and Casa Batlló, the most emblematic Gaudí's buildings
- First part of the tour
Start your full day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter) above sea level. The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolania of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys choirs in Europe (14th century). On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Second part of the tour
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí worked and lived. Gaudi, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. This Artistic Tour of Barcelona starts at the Julia Travel Office (Balmes, 5), we will take you to the Sagrada Familia Basilica, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece, which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia, to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next you will discover Gaudi's bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with a perfect integration of the architectural elements in nature.
Our tour continues to Passeig de Gràcia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings like Casa Batlló, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and others modernist buildings.
The tour ends near the Casa Batlló, in Passeig de Gràcia, 43.
- Round trip with an air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Tasting liquors in Montserrat
- Entrance to the audiovisual ?Espai Audiovisual Montserrat? exhibition in Montserrat
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with entrance
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló)
- Entrances to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló
- Food and drinks not specified in the inclusions
- Any other service not specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Infants 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
Close to Plaça Catalunya
- From 1st of November to 31st of March, you will visit the Park Güell before the Sagrada Familia
- There is approx. 35 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city centre of Barcelona
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- The minimum age to drink alcoholic is 18 years old
- Daily from April to October, at 9.15am; from November to March daily except Wednesdays
- Check-in time: 9.00am
- Blackout dates: 11 and 24 September; 25 and 26 December; 1, 5 and 6 January
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
Prepare your senses, your mind and your body for tonight! The best sundays night in town take place ...
FRIDAY | AUGUST 2018 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE L...
A prominent DJ worldwide with releases on some of the leading labels in techno, Luigi Madonna has ab...