Dalí Museum experience with Girona & Medieval Besalú small guided group tour
- See the best of Catalonia outside Barcelona - this jam-packed day trip showcases three of the region's historic, artistic and architectural gems
- Visit the Salvador Dalí Theatre and Museum to experience art that swings wildly from ground-breaking and beautiful to bizarre
- Entering at opening time, you'll see the most in-demand exhibit before the crowds descend
- Explore the incredible city of Girona - both real and imagined
- Stop for lunch at the stunning (and tiny) Medieval town of Besalú, rarely visited by international visitors but popular among locals
Your day trip starts early so we can get you to Figueres (home of the Dalí Museum) before the crowds descend. Don’t worry about breakfast, you’ll have time to grab some at our favorite cafe before stepping inside the strange world of Salvador Dalí. When the doors to the Museum open, we’ll be one of the first groups inside, so you’ll see the most popular rooms before they get too crowded. The most famous of these, which is also your first stop, features some of Dalí’s favorite small canvases, including an intimate series featuring his wife.
The rest of the museum defies easy description. Dalí himself designed this space as a gift to his hometown, repurposed from an old cinema. The result is a completely immersive experience, with many of the exhibits incorporating the architecture of the building into the exhibits (as in his version of The Sistine Chapel), blurring the line between art and space, so that you feel as if you’ve wandered into the mind of the artist himself. There are 3D models, mechanical inventions, an enormous portrait of Abraham Lincoln that can only be properly seen through a camera lens, and an entire room that, when seen from afar, looks like a portrait of Mae West.
All of this has to be seen to be believed, but your expert guide will be on hand to help you understand, interpret, and occasionally puzzle out everything you encounter. They’ll tell you about Dalí’s tumultuous life, his influences, his loves, and of course, his obsessions. At the end you might not understand everything, but you’ll certainly gain a deeper appreciation for the mad genius of 20th-century art.
A short drive from the organized lunacy of the Dalí Museum, the idyllic town of Besalú sits nestled in the hills. Crossing its jaw-dropping, Romanesque bridge, you’ll stroll around the town’s winding streets and learn how it came to prominence in the Middle Ages and played an important role in the unification of Catalonia. By now you’ll have worked up an appetite so you’ll sit down for a lunch of fresh local ingredients and a glass of wine at one of our favorite restaurants (included).
Your final stop will be the famous walled city of Girona. This ancient metropolis predates the Roman Empire and is packed with medieval architecture, beautiful cathedrals and an immense amount of interesting history. In the last 2,000 years, it has been conquered by everyone from the Moors to Napoleon Bonaparte; it’s fitting then, that it’s also home to a number of filming locations for the cult-status TV show, ‘Game of Thrones’.
You’ll see this, and other filming locations, along with the inside of the Girona Cathedral. Your tour also includes a stroll along the old city walls and finishes in the old Jewish Quarter which is one of the best preserved and most historically-significant in Europe. Here your guide will tell you all about the Jewish community’s fraught history in Spain and how their influence continues to shape Spanish culture today.
After that, you’ll have a little bit of free time before heading back to the bus. You’ll drive over a bridge designed by Gustave Eiffel and be back in Barcelona in just a little over an hour (traffic permitting).
- First entrance to the Dalí Museum in Figueres
- Short tour and 3-course meal including wine, dessert and coffee in a local traditional restaurant in Besalú town
- Guided tour of Girona town
- Expert local guide
- Transport by luxury vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants 3 years of age and under: free
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
Via Laietana, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
This tour meets on the main steps of the "Edificio de Correos" (post office), 1 Via Laietana, 08002 Barcelona. On the front of the building you can read "Correos Y Telegrafos." The closest metro stops are: L4 (Yellow Line) "Jaume 1st" (3 minutes walk) and L3 (Green Line) "Drassanes" (10 minutes walk).
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time - no refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Cathedral of Girona visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. It is sufficient to bring extra coverings (e.g scarf) with you to put them on before entering the site. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- If you have any dietary requirements please contact us before booking and we will do everything we can to accommodate you
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- With private, air-conditioned transport and well-spaced stops, your journey will be as comfortable as it is short – so you spend more time exploring and less time traveling
- Small groups of maximum 15 people mean your experience will be intimate and your local guide easy to interact with
15 March 2018 - 31 October 2018: Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays
Prepare your senses, your mind and your body for tonight! The best fridays night in town take place ...
We are La Terrrazza, the Atmospherical Open Air Club inside Poble Espanyol (Montjuïc). Electronic mu...
Born in the shadow of the sails of Scampia, a difficult neighborhood on the outskirts of Naples. Bor...
FRIDAY | JANUARY 2019 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE ...
SATURDAY | JANUARY 2019 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, TH...
Sutton Barcelona presenta a Malaa el próximo Miércoles 27 de Febrero. ¡Consigue tu entrada anticipad...