Early Picasso Museum guided visit and Gothic Quarter tour with breakfast at El Born old market
- A walking tour to discover the history of Barcelona along the Gothic Quarter
- A guided visit of the Picasso Museum
- A visit of the old market of El Born which has historically been the epicenter of the city
This walking tour will take you to discover the history of Barcelona, from the Roman era to the medieval period up to the 20th century, by the hand of the famous painter Pablo Picasso.
The tour starts from the well-know Ramblas of Barcelona leading us towards the Royal Square, where the old convent of Santa Madrona was located. Then you will walk to the square of Sant Jaume, seat of the local government during the medieval times and at the present time. You will stroll through narrow cobbled streets until you reach the Cathedral of Barcelona where you will also find the King's Square (Plaça del Rei), an unique location and historic center of the city's royal power that preserves under its feet the remains of what was the Roman city of Barcino.
Afterwards you will go to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, which dates back to the 14th century, located in the neighborhood of El Born. In the narrow streets of this quarter it is also hidden the Picasso Museum, home to the most important collection of works from his early life when he was a studying art (museum guided visit included).
At the end of the tour you will go to the old market of El Born. Since the middle ages, this market has historically been the epicenter of the city, first in the square and then inside a modernist metallic building. It was conceived as a neighborhood retail market and later became the wholesale market for an expanding metropolis. The new market became the model of Barcelona's market system. 45 years after the closure of the market, different archaeological remains of the 14th century can be seen while you enjoy a breakfast in its gastronomic space.
For the local breakfast in The Born market you can choose between two options:
- Salty option: mini sandwich (cold meat or cheese) and a drink (soft drink, coffee or juice)
- Sweet option: croissant or “ensaimada” and a drink (coffee or tea)
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic Quarter
- Entrance and guided visit to the Picasso Museum.
- Guided walking tour of El Born Quarter
- Local breakfast in El Born old market
- Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infant 0-5 years: free
- Children 6-10 years: reduced
Julià Travel Tours & Tickets office at 54th of Ramblas (Rambla dels Caputxins)
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum
- From March to October: Daily, except Monday and Sunday at 8.30am
- From November: Friday and Saturday at 8.30am
- Blackout dates: 1 January, 1 and 18 May, 24 June, 25 December
deeptuesday born from the love for the underground sounds and the good vibes, every night deeptuesda...
Attention, il s'agit d'un billet nominatif à échanger, une pièce d'identité vous sera demandée lors ...
Le prix du package comprend : - Un billet pour le concert dans la catégorie choisie (voir ci-après l...
Format:B Highgrade Recordings | Stil Vor Talent | Opossum Recordings Embajadores de MotorFunk para t...
INPUT pres MICHAEL KLEIN Percussive and rhythmic grooves are what defines the unique sound of Michae...
Nicole Moudaber is an event promoter, record label founder, radio host, and one of the most passiona...