Come along to see these beautiful mammals at their best on this exciting eco-friendly whale-watching excursions. Every December through April, thousands of Humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Dolphins are likely to be seen, too. Morning-trip vessel Makai is is a fast and nimble open powerboat, with plenty of sea-spray likely on trips outside the bay or choose the afternoon trip on board the Sprit of Aloha catamaran for a slower more relaxed experience.
Hawaii whale watching
- Hop on board to explore the vast ocean
- Get up close and personal to the majestic whales
- Perfect to bring your family and friends along
- Whale-watching excursion
69-1081 Ku'uali'i Pl, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
- Morning trip on Makai powerboat: Bring clothes that you dont mind getting wet. There is limited storage beneath each saddle-style seat for dry storage
- Afternoon trip on catamaran Spirit of Aloha: There are restrooms and shaded, covered and dry areas and also optional areas where you can enjoy sea spray and more wind. There is covered space to place belongings that will stay dry
- Boarding is a beach-loading process with transfer from a tender-boat and barefoot entry that takes a few steps into the seawater from the beach
- Soda, juice and water available for purchase onboard
- Times are subject to change, and trips are subject to cancellation, for weather, operational and maintenance reasons or with seasons
- If you don't see whales on a whale watch-specific trips, come back again one more time for free! Rerides only (on trips of equal or lesser value), no refunds
What people say about this experience
Book now this hiking tour to explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Enjoy the red glow of Pele's eruption deep inside Halemaumau Crater as it lights up the night sky.
Explore the main wonders of the Big Island of Hawaii in one day in this full-day tour with pick-up from Kohala with picnic lunch included.
Enjoy a legendary Hawaiian sunset and snorkel with the majestic manta rays. Buy now your Late Night Manta Ray Snorkel experience!
Explore Hawaii Island's explosive side on foot, visit two of the tallest and most massive volcanoes on Earth and Isaac Hale Beach Park.
Book your Hawaii catamaran sailing and snorkeling trip for an unforgettable experience where you will see dolphins, sea turtles and other marine life.
Live a unique experience and swim with wild dolphins in Hawaii, relax and take in the breathtaking ocean and mountain views and admire dolphins, green turtles, tropical island fish and other rare wild sea creatures.
Enjoy a ride around Hawaii's largest island, admire the exotic flora and fauna and climb on the volcano used to practice missions to Mars.
Join a unique astronomical tour from Hilo, the only Big Island star tour to feature nighttime astronomical observing and safe daytime solar viewing.
See the stunning beauty of Hawaii's Big Island on a Grand Circle Island Adventure. Visit the Volcano National Park and learn more about this natural phenomenon.