- Admire beautiful Lake Carezza under the imposing peaks of Latemar mountain
- Journey through the Fassa Valley and see its important town of Canazei
- Travel a road of 27 dramatic hairpin bends en route to the Pordoi Pass
- Take the cable car up to Sass Pordoi for breathtaking views of the Dolomite Mountains
- Visit the famous Gardena Valley and stop in Ortisei
- Benefit from a private tour for your party only
The roads of the Dolomites with many passes with height above 2,000 meters, offer great views of these beautiful mountains. For many people these mountains are the most beautiful in the world, surely the Dolomites are the most magnificent in Europe: in any case are absolutely unique!
The Great Dolomites Road, built in 1909, runs through the Dolomites from Bolzano to Cortina d’Ampezzo.
Departure from Bolzano, the Gateway to the Dolomites, capital of the province South Tyrol;
You will cross the Ega Valley that begins at Bolzano and runs eastward between the Rosengarten and the Latemar mountains. This road was built in 1895 when the territory was part of the Austro Hungarian Empire. Part of the route is located in a canyon carved by the river Ega.
You will stop at Carezza Lake, the most beautiful lake of the Dolomites: 30 minutes of staying with a walk around the lake if you want. Then we will arrive to Costalunga Pass. Near the Pass you will see the historical “Grand Hotel Carezza”, built in 1893, the first luxury hotel in the Dolomites which hosted very important guests like the Empress Sissi, Winston Churchill, Agatha Christie;
From the Costalunga Pass we will reach the Fassa Valley in Trentino: we will pass through the towns of Vigo di Fassa and Canazei to arrive under the imposing peaks of the Sella Group.
From here begins a long series of 27 hairpins bends (switchbacks) that will lead us to the famous Pordoi Pass at an altitude of 2.239 meters above sea level. One hour of staying if you decide to arrive with the cable car to Sass Pordoi (altitude of 2950 meters: the cable car is open from late May until mid-October and from Christmas to Easter);
From the Pordoi Pass you return back a few kilometers to reach the Sella Pass: here the landscape is really impressive with the Sella vertical walls that stand right in front of us .... From the Sella Pass you can admire the Marmolada glacier (3,343 m) and the majestic Sassolungo (3,181 m), the most famous mountain in Gardena Valley: 10 minutes stop for photos;
Coming down from the Sella Pass you will enter in the Gardena Valley, the best known tourist valley of the Dolomites and you will stay in its largest town, the beautiful Ortisei: one hour of staying for lunch break and to visit the town. From Ortisei, in less than an hour, you'll be back in Bolzano.
- Tour Leader/Driver with license and English/German/Italian speaking
- All costs for service car, toll roads and parking
- 22% of taxes (VAT: Value Added Tax)
- Bottle of water
- Lunch break
- Ticket price for the cable car to Sass Pordoi (optional). The cable car is open from mid May to mid October and from Christmas to Easter
Child (0-13 years old): reduced
Via Perathoner,1 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
8:30am in front of Cafè Mozart. Alternatively you can request the pick-up at your hotel up to 50 km from Bolzano. If you wish to request the pick-up, you will be asked to provide a pick-up address at the time of booking.
- Min. 2, max. 6 participants
- This is a private tour, separate bookings are not combined
- Every day
- Departure at 8:30am
- Return at approximately 3:00pm in Bolzano
Discover Maso Schwarhof and its wines: with a guided tour through the vineyards you can learn the se...
This 2 hours private guided tour of Bozen you will allow you to enjoy the most important treasures o...
There are many ways to describe Bolzano, but the way we like the most is through the five senses! Th...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Daily tour of a total of 280 km through the breathtaking Dolomites, one of the most beautiful and un...
Discover the little-known Jewish history of Bolzano in this 3-hour private tour. Learn about the Naz...