Day excursion to Dracula and Peles castles from Bucharest
- Visit Peles castle, the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family
- See the medieval Bran castle, better known as Dracula’s castle
- Enjoy a short guided walking tour in Brasov's, Old Town
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sinaia's mountain resort, considered the “Pearl of the Carpathians” and Sinaia castle, known as Peles castle. Erected between 1873 and 1914, the monument has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania.
You will visit the ground floor exhibition and see the Hall of Honor, The Weapons Room, the Music Room, the Library, the King’s office and many others. At the end of the visit, enjoy some free time in the gardens of the castle and admire the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds the castle.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle. Dating from the 14th century, it has has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula’s myth.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Brasov, a typical medieval city. Known as Kronstadt, under its German name, the city was founded in the 13th century by the Saxon community and developed as a trade settlement at the crossroads between Orient and Occident.
You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
- Transport by modern air-conditioned minivan or bus
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees for Peles Castle (Standard Tour - Ground Floor) and Dracula's Castle
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel
- Photo Tax
- Children (aged 4-12)
1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest
Meet your tour guide in front of the Romanian Atheneum, next to Hilton Hotel, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden.
- Maximum group size of 16 people per tour
- During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last stop in Bran
- Between 30 October and 30 November, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, the smaller replica – Pelisor Castle – will be visited
- In summertime, Peles Castle is closed on Mondays, and during wintertime, on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Daily at 8.00am
- Arrive at meeting location 15 minutes prior to tours departure
La visite de la ville de Bucarest commence à partir de votre hôtel, votre guide vous fera découvrir ...
Explorez la fascinante région de Transylvanie en choisissant l'une des meilleures visites du château...
Visitez Bucarest pour une visite d'une journée et découvrez à quoi ressemblait la vie des Roumains s...
La Roumanie ne se résume pas aux châteaux et aux forteresses, mais ils constituent une grande partie...
Votre visite de Bucarest débutera par le service de ramassage offert depuis votre hôtel. Passez les ...
Lors de votre excursion d'une journée de Bucarest au nord de la Bulgarie, vous traverserez Bucarest ...