Communism in Hungary tour with a Historian
- Visit Budapest with a historian as your guide
- Take a stroll around both Buda and Pest
- Discover the remnants of Communism in Hungary
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes through an expert historical commentary and personal family stories.
The tour includes seeing parts of both inner Pest and inner Buda, transportation between the two and a drink at the end of the tour in a cult cafe that hasn't changed much since the 1960s.
The aim is to show you the real modern history of Hungary. The historical perspective, cultural background through the personal and family stories arriving until today on how Communism affected locals' lives: the good, the bad and the ugly too. Get ready for an honest, in-depth experience where all questions are welcome!
You will take a stroll on both Pest and Buda sides and a subway in between. Highlights include:
- getting to know Hungary's major happenings from a historian from the Second World War
- personal family stories
- Liberty square with its controversial memorials & US embassy
- 1956 memorials
- the Parliament and its surrounding sights
- lesser-known sights and areas connected to the 1956 revolution
- a drink in a cult pub from 1960s
- Public transportation ticket
Budapest, Erzsébet tér 7, 1051 Hungary
Meeting Point in front of Kempinski hotel, facing the Ferris wheel, 1051, Erzsébet tér 7
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
Experience Budapest to the full extent! Enjoy a cozy organ concert in one of the most beautiful neo-...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
Get on the culinary side of Budapest have an up-close look at the most important icon of the city be...
Enjoy a convenient private transfer to or from your hotel in Budapest in an air-conditioned vehicle ...
Each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes, this isn't part of your tour time. Le...