Private Tour: Colonia del Sacramento day trip from Buenos Aires
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
You will be picked up at your selected location (hotel, apartment) and meet your driver who will transfer you to the ferry terminal, where you will board a fast ferry (1-hour trip) to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. Upon arrival, you will meet your guide who will be waiting for you at the arrivals hall with a sign with your name on it.
After meeting your guide, enjoy your 1.5-hour walking tour in Colonia's historic quarter. See the Portón de Campo (city gate), where you will admire the old wall and wooden bridge. Next, head to Calle de los Suspiros (Street of Sighs), a narrow cobbled street surrounded by 18th century colonial houses. The street’s main attractive is the combination of the old houses, the colors and the river view at the end of it.
You will then arrive at 25 de Mayo Square (Main Square), which was created during the foundation of the city. Here, you can see some beautiful and well-preserved Portuguese-style houses including the Portuguese Museum, with remarkable stone walls of 90 centimeters(almost 3ft) width. You will also see Nacarello´s House, which has original furniture of the 18th century, and the Viceroy’s House, with a surprising name since there were never any viceroys in Colonia.
Afterwards, head to visit an archaeological site, which was formerly the original Portuguese construction destined for Residence of the Governor, destroyed by the Spanish in 1777. Your walking tour ends at the Basilica of the Holy Sacrament, which maintains the original design of stone walls and tiled domes.
After the walking tour, you have free time in Colonia to spend at your leisure. Your guide will give you advice on restaurants, museums, shopping, and how to return to the terminal on your own (it is just a 10-minute walk from Colonia historic quarter).
You will later board the ferry back to Buenos Aires and, upon arrival there, your private driver will meet you and drop you off at your selected location.
- Round trip tickets Buenos Aires / Colonia on a fast ferry (1-hour trip)
- Round trip private transfer from your hotel to the Ferry Terminal
- 1.5-hour private walking tour in Colonia del Sacramento with local English-speaking tour guide
You will be asked to provide your hotel/pickup address during checkout
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Note: You will need to bring the reciprocity fee document if you have paid for this to enter Argentina. In case you have not paid it, you will not need to bring it.
- In order to process your booking, the following information is required(provide this during checkout):
* Passport Details for ALL traveller including:
- Full Name
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
7am approx (it will be confirmed upon receiving the booking and having purchased the ferry tickets)
After meeting the guide in our San Telmo office, we will go through Puerto Madero district: the newe...
Piazolla Tango is renowned for its beautiful building in theater and also by the elegance and sensua...
Get to know the exciting life of Evita who has now become a legend, being one of Argentina’s most re...
This tour is designed for travelers who, on their last day in Buenos Aires, need to leave their hote...
Enjoy a personalized guided tour with a professional, experienced, private, trilingual guide to visi...
Discover the incredible history of May Square and its sorroundings. This area may be the most import...