Experience all the fun and adventure of a Cape Byron Kayaks guided tour. Feel the exhilaration as you paddle your kayak with the dolphins, turtles and whales (Winter) that frequent the enticing waters of Byron Bay. Whether you are a novice or an experienced kayaker your adventure will include paddling our magnificent protected bay, surfing the waves, encountering our abundant marine life and relaxing and enjoying all the Tim Tams you can eat once back on the beach. Cape Byron Kayaks is the original kayaking tour in Byron Bay and their fully qualified guides share a wealth of local knowledge, making your experience a safe and memorable one. Choose from a morning or afternoon departure. You’ll be outfitted with a paddle, safety vest and a two-person sea kayak designed for ease and stability. All levels of kayaking experience are welcome.
Attractions & guided tours
Kayak with the dolphins
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Guaranteed dolphin sightings or enjoy a return tour for free
- Learn about Aboriginal history and life cycles of sea creatures
- No experience necessary. Cater to novice to experienced kayakers
- Close encounters with dolphins, turtles and whales (Winter)
- Loads of fun surfing kayaks in the waves
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Cold drinks
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Guided tour
- Use of equipment
62 Lawson Street, Byron Bay NSW, Australia
Please make your own way to (Opp) 62 Lawson Street, Clarkes Beach, Byron Bay. Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to the selected tour time.
What to remember
- In booking this tour, I acknowledge that I and everyone in my group (if applicable): Is aware that this is a tour in the open ocean and even if cannot swim are confident in the open water and has a reasonable level of fitness and ability to paddle my/our own kayak
- This is a tour in the open ocean and even if I/we cannot swim are confident in the open water. We can cater for non-swimmers however if you are unable to swim we recommend you call us before booking. Failure to do so may incur penalties
- The tour is weather dependent and in some cases may need to cancel on the morning/afternoon of the tour due to unfavorable ocean conditions. The local operator will get in contact with you at least 24 hours of the travel date customers, to give you advance notice as much as possible
- If the local operator need to cancel a trip within 24 hours of the travel date customers due to unfavorable ocean conditions, customers are offered to either reschedule to another time or offered a refund
- We acknowledge that an inability to paddle my own kayak in moderate conditions is not a reason for a refund
- This tour from Clarks Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 11 years and under
- Please bring your sun protection, waterproof camera, water bottle and a towel
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Please be ready at the meeting at least 15 minutes before the tour start time
Cape Byron Kayaks
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.