This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestled between mountains and the sea is not only very beautiful but offers some of the best shore based whale watching opportunities in the world (August – November). Close sightings of the Southern Right whale are likely. On the return journey we follow the coastline with the possibility of further sightings of whales (and even the possibility of sighting dolphins). A stop is made at Stoney Point, near Betty’s Bay to have a look at the penguins (optional, for own account & time permitting) before returning to Cape Town in the afternoon.
Excursions & day trips
Hermanus full-day tour from Cape Town
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Do this because
- Visit the seaside town of Hermanus nestled between mountains and the ocean
- Best land-based whale watching opportunities
- Relax in comfort and enjoy the coastal views
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Touring with an English speaking guide in a luxury vehicle
Cape Partitioning, 56 Darling St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, Південна Африка
COMPLIMENTARY PICK UP AND DROP OFF AVAILABLE FROM FOLLOWING HOTELS: Southern Sun Waterfront Southern Sun Cullinan Southern Sun Cape Sun Table Bay Hotel Victoria and Alfred Hotel One and Only Hotel Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Protea Hotel Cape Castle Protea Hotel Victoria Junction Cape Grace Hotel Commodore Hotel Portswood Hotel Westin Hotel Cape Royal Winchester Mansions President Hotel Premier Cape manor Protea Hotel Sea Point Mount Nelson Hotel Queen Victoria Hotel Cape Town Hollow Hotel on St Georges Radisson Blu Waterfront Park Inn by Radisson – Foreshore Icon Apartments Bantry Bay Luxury Suites Protea Hotel North Wharf 15 on Orange
What to remember
- Minimum 2 adults required per booking and the maximum number of participants is 15
- Casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children below 3 years old are not admitted to the tour
- Children of age 3 are required to sit in a car seat during the drive. Car seats are subject to availability at the time of booking (at an additional cost) , parents are welcome to bring their own car seat
- In the interest of safety, all guests travelling on our guided tours, who are over the age of 18 years must present proof that they have received at least one dose of a FDA or WHO-approved Covid-19 vaccine
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.