Architecture cruise on the Chicago River from Navy Pier
- Enjoy panoramic skyline views and with picture perfect vantage point from along the Chicago River
- Observe Chicago's world-famous architectural styles from the iconic buildings of Mies van der Rohe to Skidmore Owings Merrill
Led by a professional English speaking guide, this picturesque cruise highlights the exciting details of the buildings that line the Chicago River, as well as their historical significance.
You’ll board from the historic Navy Pier. As your cruise begins, you’ll sail down all three branches of the Chicago River– the main branch, north branch and south branch. You’ll have an opportunity to marvel at the aesthetic of Chicago’s unique urban skyline and view the iconic workings of Bertrand Goldberg and Jeanne Gang.
Along the north branch, you’ll see a vast contrast in how architecture on the Chicago River has changed over time. Don’t forget your camera – you’ll have an amazing photo opportunity at Wolf Point!
Afterwards, you'll cruise to south branch of the river where you’ll see Chicago’s iconic Willis Tower. You’ll listen to the story of how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1871.
Home to iconic buildings by Mies van der Rohe, Skidmore Owings Merrill, and Helmut Jahn, the urban Chicago landscape is a living record of twentieth century architectural movements. This cruise is perfect for family, friends and history lovers!
Buildings along the tour:
- 35 East Wacker
- 222 North LaSalle
- 225 West Wacker
- 311 South Wacker
- 333 North Michigan
- 333 West Wacker
- 401 North Michigan
- Aon Center
- Apple Store
- Boeing World Headquarters
- Central US Post Office
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Cityfront Center
- Civic Opera Building
- East Bank Club
- Fulton House
- IBM Building
- Jewelers Building
- John Hancock Center
- Lake Point Tower
- LaSalle-Wacker Building
- Leo Burnett Building
- London Guarantee Building
- Marina City
- Merchandise Mart
- Montgomery Ward Complex
- Navy Pier
- NBC Tower Chicago
- Plaza Citicorp Center
- Prudential Plaza
- RR Donnelley Center
- River City
- River Cottages
- Tribune Tower
- Trump Tower
- USG Building Riverside
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
- Wolf Point
- Wrigley Building
- Professional narration of tour highlights
- Food and drinks (available on most tours)
- Boarding photo
- Children ages 3-12
- Infants (2 and under): free
Departure point: Navy Pier – 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
The tour will depart from Polk Bros Park at the entrance of Navy Pier.
- Please note this tour departs from Navy Pier
- Upper decks of tour boats are wheelchair accessable, however lower levels are not
- Please note that upper decks are open top
- Restrooms are located on lower deck of boats and can only be reached by stairs
- Boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure
- Leashed dogs are welcome on the tour
You'll get the best view and experience the greatest perspective on Chicago with this admission tick...
Hop aboard the Chicago Odyssey for a cruise of relaxed sophistication. Chicago attractions such as M...
On this tour, go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entert...
Remember that time when you were little and one of your imaginary friends took your hand and led you...
Classic Ticket 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour FREE Voucher Book FREE Drawstring Backpack (May 4th–Sep...
Your picturesque cruise is led by a professional Spanish speaking guide that will give you exciting ...