Guided tour of the Azahara Medina
- Visit the Azahara Medina guided by historians and archaeologists
- Learn the most interesting details about the golden age of Al-Andalus
- Discover why it is known as the "Shining City"
Let yourself be guided by historians and archaeologists to discover one of the finest gems in Cordoba. The city was built by the first Umayyad caliph Abd al-Rahman III, who transferred his entire court to its premises. This is an essential visit to understand not only the art of the Caliphate but also the importance of Al-Andalus as an economic, social and cultural center.
There are two options for this tour:
- Get the shuttle service pack, with daily pick-up service
- Head directly to the site in your own vehicle (free parking)
If you choose the first option, you'll be picked up (upon prior reservation) at the bus stop between the Eurostars Palace Hotel and the Red Cross Hospital. Once you enter the bus, you just have to relax. Your guide will be there waiting for you when you get off. You'll enjoy a fully guided tour of the site and, subsequently, of the Interpretation Center; a museum that houses a magnificent collection of pieces from this historic complex.
The tour will end in the best way possible –with a typical Cordovan tapa and a beer!
- Guided visit
- Bus service (optional)
- Monument's internal bus shuttle (mandatory)
- Admission to the site
- Tapa and beer at the end
- Hotel pick-up service
- Children (0-4 years): free
- Children (5-12 years): reduced
- If you select the bus option:
- Bus stop address: Paseo de la Victoria, Córdoba. Opposite the Eurostars Palace Hotel
- If you select the option without bus:
- Site address: Ctra. Palma del Río, km 5.5, 14005 Córdoba
- The price varies depending on whether you choose the option with or without bus
- Tuesday-Sunday at 11.15am (at 11.00am if you choose the bus option, but it is advised to reach 10 minutes early)
Explore the vast medieval palace of the Medina Azahara of Córdoba on a 3-hour guided tour, and trave...
Set out on a guided tour of Cordoba's most iconic monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Cathe...
Discover this incredible monument, a former mosque built over one thousand years ago and then conver...
Don't miss the opportunity to discover Cordoba's most iconic monument, the Cathedral-Mosque, classif...
Be awed by the spectacular beauty of the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba on a 1-hour guided tour of one ...
The Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos is one of the most important and visited monuments in Cordoba. W...
As its name indicates, "Cordoba in depth" is ideal for those who want to know Córdoba–in depth! You'...
Explore the beautiful patios, courtyards and gardens of the Alcázar of Córdoba with an official guid...
Una ruta ideal para conocer la ciudad califal desde otro punto de visita. Descubre los secretos que ...
On this walking tour, you will go back 1000 years to visit one of the wonders of the world: the Cath...