Around 100 km southeast of Cusco, rests one of the most beautiful wonders of nature: the 7-Color Mountain. This place, also known as the Rainbow Mountain, has an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level. You are picked up from the hotel early in the morning and transferred to Cusipata, where the hike begins. Discover beautiful sceneries of the Andes and the majestic Ausangate Mountain, one of the most important mountains of Cusco, considered a sacred entity since the times of the Incas. Once you reach the viewpoint of the mountain, appreciate the surroundings from up high. After some minutes, begin your descend to Cusipata.
Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain full-day hike experience
- Discover the Rainbow Mountain, one of the most beautiful wonders of nature
- Hike along with the amazing landscapes
- Witness one of the greatest visual experiences
- Admire different varieties of South American camelids
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Box brunch
- Admission to Vinicunca
- 1 trekking stick per person black diamond
- First Aid Kit
- Horseback rides
- Pick-up from private residences
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking)
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up
- This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco downtown altitude)
- Dress code: Mid-weight thermal underwear tops and bottom, hiking socks (preferably wool), synthetic or wool hiking pants, polar jacket. Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sunblock and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit, hand sanitizer gel
- It is recommended to bring local currency (Peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs, and for horseback riding service, if you require it
- Minimum altitude: Cusipata 10 889 feet / 3319 m.a.s.l Maximum altitude: Vinicunca 16 700 feet / 5100 m.a.s.l Walking distance: 4,3 milles / 7 Km
- This activity is not suitable for children under 10 years old
- Health restrictions: It is not for people with back problems, serious medical conditions, and expectant mothers
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Exclusive city tour that starts at San Cristobal Plaza to enjoy a panoramic view of the city. We wil...
The Sacred Valley of the Incas welcomes us every day. On the way we will stop at Awanacancha, a plac...
We will get away from the crowds to visit Sacsayhuaman, an impressive citadel full of colossal const...
The tour starts with a visit to the town of Chinchero, a traditional Cusco urban center located at a...
Your tour will start in Tipón, perfectly preserved archaeological sites located 27 kilometers from t...
Depart from your hotel in Cusco heading along the Sacred Valley towards the archaeological site of M...