Hidden and Haunted evening adult walking tour of Edinburgh
- Uncover the sinister side of Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Go deep underground at the Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Enjoy a personal ghost tour in a small group
A chilling way to explore Edinburgh after dark – and underground. Strictly adult-only, this ghost tour is a short, sharp shock – your unsettling introduction to our capital’s unsavoury past.
These tales are not fit for the glare of daylight – or for telling to those under 18. Your guide will share true stories of sinister misdeeds and terrible consequences. Starting your walking tour above ground around the wynds and closes of the Old Town, you'll hear of bloody plots that led to treason and torture – as well as secret lives that led to horrific deaths and tormented souls.
There’s definitely an unsettling feel to the Blair Street Underground Vaults – your expert guide will reveal troubled tales as you continue this terrifying walking tour. Expect true stories of murder and hangings – all of which took place right there in the vaults.
- Tour with expert guide
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Sorry – over 18s only on this tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Blair Street Underground Vaults, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Tour departs at 9.30pm and 10pm daily, year-round
- Tour lasts about 1h00
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...