Get ready to travel back in time as you leave Edinburgh behind and head to Culross. You may recognise this 16th-century village as the fictional town of Cranesmuir and you'll have time to visit Claire's herb garden, explore the palace and wander through the ancient streets while you imagine what life was like 400 years ago. Then, it's time to travel onwards to Doune Castle or as it's known in Outlander, Castle Leoch. This formidable building gives you an insight into the living conditions of an earl in the 14th century and during your visit, you can learn more with the help of an audio guided tour. Your next stop will be Linlithgow Palace where you can take in the stunning views of the Forth Bridge, have a picnic by the loch and explore the ruins of Mary Queen of Scots' birthplace. You'll move onto the impressive Blackness Castle that bears a striking resemblance to a giant stone boat and then check out Midhope Castle. Unfortunately, visitors cannot go inside the castle but Jamie's lovely Lallybroch home is still an essential photo opportunity for any fans of the show!
Outlander Adventure small-group day tour from Edinburgh
- Visit three castles and a well-preserved village on this adventure
- Step into the Outlander series as you visit some of its famous locations
- Admire the stunning Scottish countryside
- Entry fees to attractions
- Child (5-16 years old): Reduced
- Senior (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Students (with valid ID): Reduced
6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Please meet your guide at Rabbie's Café.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure
- The weather in Scotland is often cold and wet, please dress appropriately and wear suitable shoes
- Children aged 5 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour
- This tour runs daily at 9.15am
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
After leaving Edinburgh, you'll travel westwards for your first stop of the day on the bonnie banks ...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? This one day tour from Edinburgh takes ...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Fans of whisky will love this three day tour which will take you into the Scottish Highlands and the...
Edinburgh is a city steeped in history, it's beautiful, quaint and traditional. But under this facad...