- Enjoy an authentic Scottish dining experience
- Immerse yourself in traditional Scottish stories, language and music
- Hear all about the symbols of Scotland and how they are part of our culture
Scotland’s heritage, stories, food and music all combine for a captivating evening that indulges the best of Scottish traditions.
Your evening will begin as all the best evenings do; with the warm Scottish welcome, famous the world over. You’ll be made to feel right at home in our dining room, with Edinburgh Castle as your neighbor. To start, you’ll enjoy traditional Scottish prose as our chefs prepare the freshest, finest food from our larder of locally sourced ingredients. You’ll hear all about the very icons that symbolise Scotland and how they came to be part of the character and culture. Saint Andrew, the national patron saint, the beautifully striking saltire flag and the prickly purple thistle, the flower of Scotland. And of course your host for the evening, dressed for the occasion, will tell you all about that curious Scottish skirt - better known as the kilt – the famous dress of the Scottish Highlands.
Scotland’s myths, music and food are served at your table: you'll have time to make new friends whilst eating the finest of Scottish fayre. Edinburgh Haggis, Scottish Beef, seasonal vegetables and creamy traditional Cranachan will be enjoyed amongst the tales of Scotland. No Scottish evening is complete without whisky of course so you will be served a ‘wee dram’ of our national drink, our ‘water of life’. And to ensure you can raise a glass like a true Scot you'll learn a Scot’s toast as well as a few phrases. By the end of the night you’ll feel like a local.
So huddle in and join an exceptional night or as they say in Scotland - ‘Coorie in’, ‘lend us yir lug’ and enjoy a ‘rare’ night in.
Click here for a sample menu.
- 3-course Scottish meal
- A dram of Scottish malt whisky
105 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1SG, UK
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Suitable for everyone that likes a good story!
- This event takes place at Cannonball Restaurant & Bar, 356 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NF
- Both mobile and printed vouchers are accepted, and must be shown to your guide on the day of the event
- Not for resale
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Doors from 7pm
- Meal from 7.30pm
- Concludes at 10.30pm
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...
Sonny, an Edinburgh local, offers you a tour of HIS Edinburgh, taking you along the streets that he ...
Powerful Women of EdinburghBiffy, an Edinburgh local, offers you a tour of HER Edinburgh, taking you...
Angie, originally from Oz but now an Edinburgh local, offers you a tour of HER Edinburgh, focused on...
Paul, an Edinburgh local, will give you a tour of Leith, a buzzing port district located in the nort...