Edinburgh is a city steeped in history, it's beautiful, quaint and traditional. But under this facade, deep in its belly, Edinburgh holds dark secrets, ones which will be revealed on this underground tour of the Vaults. You'll go into Edinburgh's underworld, seeing the series of vaults under the South Bridge which date back to the 1700s. Having been home to notorious criminals as well as the poorest within society, plenty of people died in the Vaults, so it's no wonder that they are said to be rife with paranormal activity. Hear about ghostly activity and maybe even experience some as you discover the most haunted part of Edinburgh. You will also visit our torture exhibition to hear about some of Edinburgh's darker past and how some of these items were used.
The Edinburgh Haunted Vaults tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 1 hour
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Visit the most paranormally active part of Edinburgh
- Get below Edinburgh’s South Bridge and visit the haunted underground world
- See the city from a new and gruesome angle
What to expect
- Guided tour
Bank of Scotland, 300 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PH, UK
Please meet your tour at the Tourist Information and Edinburgh Dungeons Police Box, Outside of the Bank of Scotland.
What to remember
- Due to Covid restrictions, this tour provider can currently only accept bookings from those residing in the Edinburgh City Area until Edinburgh City drops from Protection Level 3 down to Level 2
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please note that this tour is unfortunately not suitable for those with walking limitations, as due to the historic nature of the site there are no lifts or ramps available at our location and guests must enter the vaults by climbing a 2-foot tall step followed by a winding staircase.
- Children under 12 aren't permitted on this tour
- Tours will be limited to 16 people to allow for social distancing
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
AULD REEKIE TOURS LTD
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.