Chianti experience with wine tastings and two charming villages
- Enjoy two delicious tastings of four excellent wines and typical products
- Visit two unforgettable Chianti Villages
- Discover breathtaking and relaxing landscapes
Have a comprehensive experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Tuscany, known all over the world for its wine and its countryside of unrivalled charm, where woods alternate with vineyards and olive groves, in a landscape dotted with Romanesque parish churches, farmhouses, villas and castles of rare beauty!
The first stop of the tour is in the heart of the Florentine area of Chianti Classico, in a historic winery with castle producing one of the most appreciated Chianti extra-virgin olive oil. Here you'll experience an original itinerant tasting tour with four different wines and local products, guided by an expert winemaker, while visiting the ancient wine cellars under the castle, admiring the vineyards and enjoying the delightful garden.
You'll continue then to the picturesque medieval village of Greve, where every year takes place the most important wine fair of the Chianti region. Here you'll have free time to admire the famous main square of the ancient market with its characteristic arcades.
Moving along the ancient Via Chiantigiana, you'll cross the heart of the Chianti Classico, admiring the breathtaking views of the rolling hills that made so famous this part of Tuscany.
You'll reach a family-run winery located in the Siena area of the Chianti Classico, which stands out for the excellent quality of its wines. Here you'll be warmly welcomed by a passionate winemaker and, after the guided tour of the cellars and the lovely aromatic garden, a delicious tasting of four different wines and local products will be waiting for you.
The last stop of the tour is Castellina, a fortified hilltop village of Etruscan origin, characterized by an imposing fortress: here, walking through the picturesque medieval covered street Via delle Volte, the tour leader will guide you to discover the charming historical center and its picturesque houses, squares and shops.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Tour escort
- 2 wine tastings with snacks
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0-3 years old: free of charge
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced fee
Piazzale Montelungo, in front of Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line yellow street sign
- The excursion takes place in different areas of the Chianti region
- It is highly recommended that participants wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- From November to March, the itinerary does not include the stop at Castellina and the return to Florence is approx 30 minutes earlier.
- For small groups, up to 8 pax, the tour escort could be replaced with an English speaking driver-guide, maintaining unchanged the entire program of the excursion
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday at 1.15pm
- From April to October: every day at 1.15pm
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
A day amid art, culture, wine and delicious food. Do you fancy an unforgettable experience in the mo...
Have a unique and authentic experience of Siena and its traditions, thanks to a full guided tour of ...
This excursion to Pisa from Florence with skip-the-line access to the Leaning Tower will give you th...
DEPARTURE: 8:30 AMMEETING TIME: 15 MIN BEFORE DEPARTURE - SANTA MARIA NOVELLA RAIL STATION PLATFORM ...
Would you like to see the best and most beautiful areas of Tuscany in one memorable day? Join this t...
This not-to-be-missed day trip will allow you to discover Tuscany in just one day! Depart from Flore...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile over a UNESCO World Heritage are...
Hop into your luxury minivan in the morning at your hotel or address in Florence, and then relax on ...
Who were the Medici, and why does their name still resonate centuries later around the globe? We fol...