Stutthof Concentration Camp regular tour from Gdansk
- Visit the Stutthof Museum with and English speaking guide
- Learn about the persecution and occupation of Pomerania
- Discover the first Nazi concentration camp outside German territory
- Pay your respects at the camp victims’ monument
Your English speaking driver will pick you up from your hotel in comfortable Mini Bus with AC and take you to Sztutowo where former camp and now where the Stutthof Museum is located. Visit the museum for about two hours with English speaking Museum’s guide.
Stutthof Concentration Camp, the first and longest operating concentration camp in the Polish territory. The moment the German Nazis invaded Poland, massive arrests of Poles in the Free City of Danzig started. Only in the first day of the war approx. 1500 people were arrested and put in Stutthof Concentration Camp.
Stutthof was the place where 110,000 people were kept: men, women and children, citizens of 28 countries and over 30 nationalities. Among them were also Poles, Jews, Russians, Ukrainians, White Russians, Lithuanians, Latvians, Estonians, Czechs, Slovaks, Finns, Norwegians, French, Danes, Dutch, Belgs, Germans, Austrians, English, Spanish, Italians, Yugoslavs, Hungarians and Gypsies.
During the imprisonment they were exposed to a number of exterminating factors such as slave-like work, malnutrition, terrible sanitation, disease, mental and physical torture. 65,000 people died as a result of exterminating living conditions as well as of executions by shooting, hanging, murdering in gas chambers by means of Cyclone B, killing by means of phenol injections into the heart, beating and torturing, and during evacuation by land and by sea.
At Stutthof Concentration Camp you will visit:
- The old and new camp quarters
- See the commander’s villa
- Go to the gas chambers, and crematorium and hear terrifying reports of mass murder
- Door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pick-up)
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees and tickets
- Gratuities (optional)
Wojciecha Bogusławskiego 1, 80-818 Gdańsk
Meet the tour group at The Gdańsk Shakespeare Theatre or choose to be picked-up from your accommodation.To book pick-up service please contact the local tour supplier at least 24 hours prior to your tours start time. You will find their information on the voucher after booking.
- Minimum booking of at least 2 guests
- Maximum of 16 seats available
- Visit inside the museum with an English-speaking museum guide will last two hours
- Please note that the tours duration is approximate and may change due to traffic
- Pick-up service is available from central Gdansk accommodations or choose to meet at the group meeting point
- To book pick-up service please contact the local tour supplier at least 24 hours prior to your tours start time. You will find their information on the voucher after booking
- Daily at 9.00am
This 3-hour food tour will take you on a leisurely walk around Gdansk. You'll see the city's highlig...
All places are carefully chosen to show you the various atmospheres that reflect different periods o...
Visit Malbork Castle, one of the largest and best-preserved Gothic strongholds in the world, on a 6-...
See the sights and sample the local food of Gdansk on this amazing walking tour. Learn the city's fa...
Explore Gdansk by night on a 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide. Beginning from Neptune's St...
Audio Guide Gdansk is an extraordinary way to see Gdańsk. Explore the city at your own pace, without...