Genoa old town walking tour
- Discover Genoa, a seaside city with a mix of cultures and traditions
- Walk through the historic center's ancient streets, known as "carruggi"
- Get to know this historic city full of mysteries and curiosities with an expert guide
Among the largest in Europe, the historical city center of Genoa is full of mysteries and curiosities, such as aedicules donated by ancient corporations to improve the lighting at night, and narrow alleys, called "caruggi", revealing some picturesque squares. It is in this maze of narrow streets that you will get to know the true essence of Genoa: the smells, tastes and different cultures that meet in this coastal town, the pride of wealthy merchants, who decided to build their glorious homes here, now turned into palaces and museums. Houses packed tightly together, a heterogeneous set of architectural styles, churches and historical buildings: this, and much more is Genoa.
The visit starts from the Tourist Information Point, located in the Area of the Old St. Mary Porthouse, and continues through the narrow alleyways to the Cathedral, the Ducal Palace and the Carlo Felice Opera House. Then you will admire the "Strada Nuova" (Via Garibaldi) and finally you will arrive at the Museums of Strada Nuova. Some of the original furnishings of the house and important masterpieces of Italian and foreign artists such as Veronese, Procaccini, Rubens and Van Dyck are kept here. At the end of the route the guide will introduce you to the Musei di Strada Nuova and you'll be able to continue the tour independently.
- Genoa old town guided walking tour
- Entrance to the Museums of Strada Nuova
- Reduced price: 12-18 years old, over 65 years old and holders of the Musei Card
- Free: children under 12 years old
Via al Porto Antico 2, 16124 Genoa
IAT Porto Antico Tourist Office - Palazzina Santa Maria
- The ticket includes admission to the Musei di Strada Nuova (Museums of Strada Nuova), the full price of which is 9€.
- At the end of the route the guide will introduce the Musei di Strada Nuova and the participants will continue the visit individually. The visit inside the Museum will have to be done within the day.
- Customers who book the tour online must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure with a copy of the voucher.
- Saturday at 10:00am: Italian, English
- Sunday at 10:00am: Italian, English, French, Spanish
Come with us to discover and experience the Genoa of the Genovese, a few steps from the most popular...
Discover Genoa, the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, a city with a glorious past! Spend your morn...
World Heritage-listed, Genoa is the birthplace of Christopher Columbus: see many of its monuments an...
L'acqua termale oligominerale che sgorga dalla fonte “N. S. dell'Acquasanta”, e che troverete nelle ...
Live and enjoy Genoa on a food tour by locals and discover the best places and dishes that book guid...
La Lanterna è il faro di Genova simbolo della città. Il monumento risale almeno al 1128, secondo la ...