Istanbul Uncovered walking tour
- Explore the backstreets and discover the secret local areas
- Get lost in the labyrinth of the Grand Bazaar
- Wander through the Sahaflar Carsisi (book bazaar)
- Hear tales of both Byzantine and Ottoman drama and intrigue
Get the most out of Istanbul in the company of an expert local guide. As you tour Istanbul, your guide will point out places to get the best local snacks and coffee, as well as show you the main points of interest along the way. You'll start by exploring Istanbul’s ancient Hippodrome. Following this, you’ll make your way to Divanyolu, a historical thoroughfare originally mapped out by Emperor Constantine around 300AD.
Then, wander through some of the backstreets of the Grand Bazaar, internationally known as the first-ever shopping mall, showcasing an incredible array of goods in its 4,000 shops. Stop by the book bazaar, where the first printed book in Turkey was sold in 1729.
Afterwards, your tour will take you to the magnificent Süleymaniye Külliyesi, where you’ll stop off at the original Turkish baths built as part of the mosque complex and learn all about this ancient ritual. Your guide will give you a local insight into Islam before whisking you off to try Turkish tea in a tea house that has amazing views of the city. You will pay a visit to the small and stunning Rustem Pasa Mosque — a highlight for sure! This is the first octagonal mosque by the great Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan, and you will find the interior covered with some of the most exquisite iznik tiles ever produced. You will finish your tour near the Spice Bazaar, where your leader can direct you to a local lokanta (small restaurant) for lunch, or give you some more great Istanbul tips for you to make the most of the rest of your stay.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tour of Sultanahme, the Grand Bazaar, and the Book Bazaar
- Tea at local tea house
- Visit to the Süleymaniye Mosque complex
- Visit to Rustem Pasa Mosque
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide
- Сhildren 5 years of age and under: free
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: reduced
Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant Divanyolu Caddesi No. 6, 34400, Sultanahmet
The restaurant is located on the street where the tram lines run through Sultanahmet, approximately a 3-minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop.
- Please be aware that the standard of dress through out Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both women and men.
- Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page.
Monday - Saturday at 8.30am
Take a half day morning tour of Istanbul. The tour will bring you through the "Sultan Ahmet Center",...
Enjoy this special Bosphorus Tour on the bus and on a private boat. Discover the magic of Istanbul a...
This afternoon tour will bring you on a Bosphorus Cruise on a private boat. You'll ride through the ...
Try Turkish life with a family meal and an evening mingling with locals at some of their favorite pl...
Cruise on a private boat to see the Bosphorus, one of the most beautiful sights in the world and exp...
Marvel at the majestic architecture of the Hagia Sophia as you’re guided through its beautiful inter...