SKIP THE LINE
DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Visit some areas of Topkapi Palace, not covered on other tours
- Benefit from all-inclusive prices and pre-reserved Topkapi Palace tickets
- Small groups of up to 15 people: easier to interact with your guide
- Handpicked, expert tour guides with no external affiliations guaranteed
WHAT TO EXPECT
Following an adaptive route that visits the latest openings in the Palace, you’ll explore the best of Topkapi Palace with additional access to the palace harem. Traveling in a small group of 15 people or fewer, you’ll find your guide easy to hear and interact with.
You’ll tour the best sights of the palace, including areas only recently opened to the public, such as the palace kitchen or foot soldiers barracks, where a beautiful pipe room, private baths and the ornate prayer room may convince you to join their ranks.
A sure highlight of your tour comes with a visit to the palace harem. See for yourself the private living quarters of the Sultan’s wives, concubines, children, eunuchs and the Sultan’s Mother. Get familiar with the complicated politics of the Sultan’s private life and learn why eunuchs and crown princes were the only men allowed in this area.
Because it requires an extra ticket, few visitors see the harem at all — but, with pre-reserved tickets included on your tour, you’ll be so glad you did! You'll visit all the best general access areas of the palace too, including the stunning kiosks, set in colourful gardens overlooking the Bosphorus.
What you won’t visit are the most crowded rooms. Rather than spend your 3 hours together queuing to see the cloak and sword of Muhammed, your guide will give you an introduction to these relics and rooms from outside, leaving you to visit on your own and at your own pace after the tour.
- Topkapi Palace tickets
- Topkapi Palace Harem ticket
- Dedicated, handpicked tour guide
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
This tour meets in the in front of the entrance of Hagia Irene Church, located inside the Topkapi Palace's first courtyard. Access to this area does not require a ticket. You can access this courtyard both from the Topkapi Palace gate located to the right of the main entrance to Hagia Sophia, and through the gate located next the the Istanbul Archeological Museum.
- From the cruise port: Take the tram in the direction of Bağcılar and get off at either Gülhane or Sultanahmet stop. Enter the through one of the outer gates of the Topkapi Palace. Inside the first courtyard you will see the red brick and stone Hagia Irene church.
- From Taksim Square: Take the funicular to Kabataş and then the tram in the direction of Bağcılar and get off at either Gülhane or Sultanahmet stop. Enter the through one of the outer gates of the Topkapi Palace. Inside the first courtyard you will see the red brick and stone Hagia Irene church.
- By Taxi: Simply tell the driver you would like to go to the entrance of the Topkapi Palace. In Turkish: Topkapi saray girisine gitmek istersiniz. Enter the through one of the outer gates. Inside the first courtyard you will see the red brick and stone Hagia Irene church.
WHAT TO REMEMBER
Please note that guides are not allowed to give explanations inside some of the rooms of Topkapi Palace, such as the Imperial Treasury, for example. In these cases the guide will give you the information from outside and let you explore the room at your own pace. The guide will however remain with you throughout the rest of the tour.
- 01 April 2015 - 31 October 2015: daily except Tuesdays.
- 01 November 2015 - 31 October 2016: Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays.
- Meeting Time: 9:45 AM
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Infants (0-2): free (no reservation required)
- Children (3-12): reduced price
Istanbul: discover all activities