Whirling dervishes Sema ceremony show and exhibition
- Experience the spiritual journey of dervishes
- See a building transformed from a large 15th-century hamam
- Enjoy complimentary beverages
Near the mighty Hagia Sophia Basilica and the magnificent Topkapi Palace, the building is a delightful piece of the city’s striking cultural mosaic. Transformed from a large 15th-century hamam (Turkish bath), it now welcomes visitors under its high dome ceilings to showcase some of the best of this vast country’s traditions.
Watch the mystical ritual of the Mevlevi Order, whose whirling dance has been declared a UNESCO Heritage of Humanity. The Sema ceremony is a journey through man’s spiritual ascent to “perfection” through mind and love—a truly unmissable and astonishing experience of music and moves. The exhibition features information displays about dervishes and their ceremony, objects belonging to the world of dervishes such as clothing, musical instruments and personal tools, books. Also, interactive Rumi poems and sufi music samples, Hyperrealist style dervish statues and video shows are part of this unique exhibition.
- Complimentary beverages are served before the show
- Child: 6-12
Hoca Paşa Mahallesi, Hocapaşa Hamamı Sk. No:3, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Hodjapasha Performing Arts Theater
- Ask for your free multi language booklet
- Children under 6 years of age are not allowed
- Photography is not allowed
- Please be available at the theater 30 minutes before the show time
- Your ticket will be delivered to your hotel in Istanbul or to the gate 30 minutes before the show
- Provide your hotel details at check out
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
During this half-day tour, you will explore the wonders of this historic city with your expert guide...
During This tour is a half-day afternoon walking tour, you will discover the beauty of Istanbul thro...