Petra from Jerusalem including flights from Tel Aviv
- Marvel at one of the seven wonders of the world, the lost city of Petra
- Enjoy transfer and flights to and from your hotel in Jerusalem
- Travel in luxury air-conditioned transport and enjoy the incredible sights of Jordan
You'll have the opportunity to tour one of the most awe-inspiring examples of ancient architecture with transfer from Jerusalem and flights from Tel-Aviv. The lost city of Petra is one of the seven wonders of the world and was inhabited by the Nabateans over 2000 years ago. They prospered by building a vast system to hold water which they sold to passing merchants and travelers. It is said that the Nabateans abandoned Petra after a huge earthquake because the water cisterns were damaged beyond repair. The Nabateans left an abundance of history behind. On your tour, you will walk through Petra and see the famous Treasury, the mourning halls, the temples, the tombs and much more.
You'll be transferred from your hotel in Jerusalem to Tel Aviv Sde Dov airport in plenty of time for your morning flight at 06:40. You'll be picked up from Eilat Airport and taken to the Arava border with a professional crew. After passing through border control and customs (this process may take up to an hour, so your patience is appreciated) you'll pass through the vast 'desert way' highway from comfortable air-conditioned luxury transport. Following a scenic route on the mountainside, you'll arrive at the historical site of Petra.
Your tour of Petra will begin at the entrance to the site and included is an optional horseback ride for the first 700 meters of the route. Entering Petra you'll arrive at the famous Treasury and have the opportunity to see the statues, facades, temples, the Roman theater, tombs, caves, and more! You'll stop off for lunch at a local authentic restaurant and begin your return trip towards the border. The route includes a few stops along the way to enjoy the vast and awe-inspiring desert landscape of Wadi Rum. You'll arrive in the coastal city of Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city before returning back to the border and into Israeli territory with the assistance of a professional crew. You'll travel back to Eilat airport ready for your return evening flight to Tel-Aviv and transfer back to your hotel in Jerusalem.
- Roundtrip airport transfer (from Jerusalem hotel)
- Roundtrip flights (Tel Aviv Sde Dov to Eilat Airport)
- Roundtrip transfer from Eilat airport to the Arava border with professional assistance
- English speaking tour guide in Petra
- Air-conditioned executive transport
- Entrance fees and horse ride in Petra
- Short panoramic tour of Aqaba
- Visa fees
- Border fees
- Departure tax
- Tips, personal expenses and private insurance
- Children (0-12): reduced
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Jerusalem. Please provide hotel details when you make your booking.
- Flight schedules are subject to change, in which case you would be notified in advance
- In case of emergency you may contact your local provider at: +972 (8)6338361/ email@example.com
- Minimum 2 participants
- It is required to have a valid passport and landing card
- The following information is required per traveler: nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date
- Visa/tax/tip money is cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel)
- Dress code:
- Winter: very warm clothing
- Summer: cool, comfortable clothing and head covering
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Regular Season: cancellation fee of 50% charged for notification up to 14 days in advance; cancellation fee of 70% charged for notification up to 7 days in advance; cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification less than 3 days
- High Season: (August, Jewish holidays and Christmas/New Year) cancellation fee of 50% charged for notification up to 30 days in advance; cancellation fee of 70% charged for notification up to 7 days in advance; cancellation fee of 80% charged for notification up to 3 days in advance; cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification less than 3 days
- Operates Sunday-Thursday
- Hotel pick-up: 4.45am
- Hotel drop-off: approximately 10.30pm
Start your tour from your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will be collected by a professional driver an...
Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years and many battles have taken place there. The c...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
The unique Hebron dual narrative tour is renowned for exploring both perspectives and narratives of ...
Join a relaxed evening of cooking, chatting with other guests, learning about local cuisine and tast...
On this tour you'll depart from Jerusalem early on day 1, as you're going to start 3 days full of am...