Wieliczka Salt Mine and Oskar Schindler Factory guided half day tour from Krakow
- Visit a medieval salt mine
- Explore magnificent salt lakes and caves
- Learn the history of the mine from a professional guide
- Feel the atmosphere of Krakow during World War II in Oscar Schindler's Factory Museum
- Get to know about the life of person who saved the lives of more than 1,000 people
Explore Wieliczka Salt Mine with a 4.5-hour guided tour from Krakow. See one of the oldest salt mines in the world, dating back to the 13th century. This unique underground complex of chambers and chapels, carved entirely in salt, has been included on the UNESCO World Heritage sites list. You'll have 2.5 hours at the mine, enough time to visit all the wonders of Wieliczka with your professional guide. The guided tour at the mine will be done with a maximum of 35 people. Afterwards, you'll visit Oskar Schindler's Factory, a site of a museum dedicated to the man who saved thousands of Jewish people during World War II.
This tour to Wieliczka Salt Mine and Oskar Schindler Factory takes up to 6 hours. Your journey will commence by shared, modern transport in a comfortable Mercedes Benz vehicle with a friendly, English speaking driver. The tour starts with direct pick up from your hotel, usually between 09.30am and 10.15am.
From there you will embark on a one-way trip to Wieliczka Salt Mine for about 30 minutes. Entry tickets will be distributed and a guided tour in English in the Salt Mine will begin. A standard guided tour in the Salt Mine typically takes around 2.5 hours. After your visit to the Salt Mine concluded, your driver will take you to Schindler’s Factory. As exhibitions in the museum are mostly interactive this offer will cover the entrance fee and visitation in the museum will take you around 1.5 hours. Lunch boxes may be provided at additional cost. After the tour, your driver will drop you off at your hotel or anywhere else within the Krakow city centre.
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- Wi-Fi access
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines for entrance tickets
- Ticket to Schindler's Factory
- Food and drinks
- Permission to take a photos in Salt mine
- Tour guide in Schindler's factory
- Infant 0 - 4 - Free
- Youth - 5 - 17
- Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 15ºC
- At the entrance, visitors descend 400 steps down and the whole tourist route features over 800 stairs. Narrow paths in the Salt Mine can seem claustrophobic and there is no possibility to shorten your visit and turn back
- In the Salt Mine taking photos and filming is possible only after purchasing an additional pass, which costs 10zł or €2.50 in cash only
- There are no restrictions regarding the age of children in the Salt Mine, but they should be either capable of walking unassisted or carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby pushchairs are not allowed underground.
- Exhibition halls in Schindler’s Factory are wheelchair accessible
- Your hand luggage should be in a reasonable size and your larger luggage should be left in the car
Every day except Mondays and holidays.
09.30am times subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Krakow! It is essential and includes all the most impor...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Hear...
Start with transportation from Krakow to the park in a comfortable and air-conditioned car. Once ins...
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krako...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...
During the tour through the Mine - one of the oldest salt mines in Europe - you will see underground...