Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour
- Step into the underground and enter the world of a salt mine
- Follow an expert guide on a enthralling time travel
- Take home a truly memorable experience
Visit one of the most precious and most fascinating monuments of culture in Poland. The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as at the turn of the 19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978).
The underground trail leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of sacred art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends.
Wieliczka is at the same time the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today.
Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. The tour starts with a descent down the stairs to the depth of 64 meters. Visitors are led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface. Visitors return to the surface by lift.
- Local guide
- Entrances fee
- Gratuities (optional e.g fee for photography)
- Food and drinks
- Children (5-15 years): reduced
- Students (16-24 years with ID): reduced
- Infants (0-4 years): free BUT you have to book a place for them
DiscoverCracow point at Szczepanski Square 8
2 minutes from the central Market Square
- The salt mine stays at a temperature of approximately 57 degrees F (14 C); please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
From November 2017 to March 2018 every day:
- at 9.00am English, French and Italian
- at 3.00pm English. Spanish and German
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Krakow! It is essential and includes all the most impor...
Start with transportation from Krakow to the park in a comfortable and air-conditioned car. Once ins...
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krako...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...
Experience the beauty of Krakow on a private guided walking tour of the historic city center. Get to...
During the tour through the Mine - one of the oldest salt mines in Europe - you will see underground...