Private walking tour of La Spezia with a local guide
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of the ancient La Spezia - its main monuments and historical buildings
- Explore the ancient fishing village, organized around the Castle of St. George and the Genoese fortifications
- Discover the signs of the medieval past of the city intertwined with modern elements such as Liberty, Futurism and contemporary styles
- Spot the famous Technical Naval Museum, an extraordinary collection related to the history of navigation and the Italian Navy
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of La Spezia. Situated minutes to the east of Cinque Terre by train, this hard-working port town is routinely overlooked. But La Spezia is definitely worth a visit: it's home to Italy's largest naval base, the winding streets of the old town are really particular and there's plenty of cosy trattorias, restaurants, coffee shops and little places showcasing the Ligurian table and taste at its best.
La Spezia is at the same time an ancient and a modern city, historically marked by the seafaring vocation. During this 2.5-hour guided tour, you will have the chance to see the most important and beautiful spots and attractions in the city, such as the Castle of St. George, the picturesque Piazzetta del Bastione and the Cathedral of Cristo Re.
Walk along the beautiful "Passeggiata Costantino Morin" and enjoy the relaxing view on the green spaces, the harbor and the sea. Don't forget that La Spezia is also home to some important and famous museums, such as the Technical Naval Museum of the Navy (Museo Tecnico Navale della Marina Militare) and the Museum of Amedeo Lia, with their extraordinary collections. Stroll through the old town's typical alleys, admire the colored houses and the beautiful square all around you, like the Liberty-style Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi.
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera with you.
- private tour led by an expert guide
- food & drinks
- entrance to museums, churches and palaces (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
Castello di San Giorgio, Via XXVII Marzo, La Spezia, Italy
Meet your guide in front of San Giorgio Castle, at the end of "Scalinata San Giorgio".
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this tour is available every day of the week with departure at: 10:00, 11:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00
A special experience that will allow you to discover the secrets of a traditional activity, the muss...
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Une...
Discover the viticulture traditions of Manarola with Alessandro, a young winemaker native of this be...
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrou...
Sail to the western and eastern sides of the beautiful Golfo dei Poeti (Gulf of Poets), on a 7-hour ...
This boat tour will allow you to enjoy the genuine breathtaking beauty of two pearls of the Gulf of ...