- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Visit Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
- Explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park
This private day trip from Leeds provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including the West Yorkshire Pennine Village of Haworth (made famous by the Bronte sisters and home to the Bronte Parsonage Museum), Bingley Five Rise Locks (the most spectacular feature of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal), the traditional Yorkshire Dales village of Linton (with its stone bridges and limestone falls), Bolton Abbey (where you will see the stunning setting of the ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Monastery) and the option to travel by steam train on the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway.
Expect pickup at 9.00am from your choice of location in Leeds for this guided day trip to explore Bronte Country and the scenic and picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park. You will head off for Bronte Country in the West Yorkshire Pennines, with your Tour Guide telling you about the history and features of the area as you pass through. The first stop is at the Bingley Five Rise Locks, then off to Haworth, on the edge of the rugged Pennine Moors, where the Bronte family lived from 1820 and the sisters wrote their famous novels, for a two hour stop over lunchtime
Later you will arrive in the picture postcard setting of the traditional Dales village of Linton for another photo opportunity at Linton Falls, before continuing your journey through the National Park. The next stop is at nearby Bolton Abbey, where entry is free and you will have time to explore the Priory Church and ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Priory in its beautiful riverside setting, or maybe take the stepping stones challenge if you are feeling more adventurous!7
After leaving Bolton Abbey, you will visit the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway (as seen on “Great Railway Journeys” with Michael Portillo), where members of your group will have the option to take a steam train ride through the picturesque Yorkshire Dales scenery between Bolton Abbey and Embsay Stations at a special discounted rate of £5 for adults/£2.50 for children (paid in cash on the day and no need to pre-book).
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned mini coach
- Driver/guide, who provides live commentary
- Regular photo, refreshment, and restroom stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Adverse weather/road conditions, particularly during the winter months, may result in the route and itinerary having to be changed on the day
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CURRENT EMMERDALE SET**First broadcast as Emmerda...
The live, working TV set located within the Harewood Estate in Leeds has played witness to many a sp...
Take a day out from Leeds on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and...
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on your own private small-group da...
This private day trip from Leeds provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshir...
Attention, il s'agit d'un billet à échanger nominatif, une pièce d'identité vous sera demandée lors ...