Shakespeare's Globe Guided Tour & A Midsummer Night’s Dream Afternoon Tea with Prosecco
- Explore the Globe Theatre with a knowledgeable guide
- Dive into London’s past
- Learn more about William Shakespeare and his works
- Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea and prosecco
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe theatre. Imagine it as it would have been at the centre of London’s notorious Bankside entertainment district.
Throughout the year our expert guides bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 40 minute guided tour, with colourful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Take a seat ‘within this wooden O’ – listen, absorb and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold.
Enjoy exciting live demonstrations in The Guided Tour Welcome and Demonstration Space at various times throughout the day, which include Elizabethan clothing dressings, stage fighting and printing the plays using a replica 17th century printing press.
Following your Globe Theatre Guided Tour, eat your way through the twists and turns of Shakespeare's ethereal romantic comedy. Swan’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream Afternoon Tea is inspired by the journeys of the play’s characters: from the pea flower of Oberon’s love potion, the apricots Titania feeds to Bottom and, of course, mulberries from the lovers’ tree.
Presented on our bespoke crockery in our stunning Swan at Shakespeare’s Globe restaurant enjoy a glass of Prosecco whilst taking in London’s iconic skyline and the River Thames.
- Theatre tour in English
- Traditonal afternoon tea
21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT, UK
Bring a printed copy of the voucher to the Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and tour entrance
- This is a working theatre. The tour may occasionally not be available. An alternative may be offered, due to events, rehearsals, and performances
- The weather never stops the tours. The Globe Theatre is an open-air arena, so if you are in the yard (the area surrounding the stage) on your tour, then you may get wet. As British weather is often inclement, it is advisable to bring rain clothes, especially in winter
- Tours do not go backstage and visitors cannot go on stage
- Guided tours are in English, however free information sheets are available in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese
- You can take photographs throughout the exhibition and tour, except during rehearsals or special events
- Your tour guide will advise you about photography. Please do not video the tour
- Drinks are permitted on tours, as long as they are in a bottle or in a container with a sealable lid
- You must keep items of luggage and pushchairs with you: there is no cloakroom facility for the exhibition and tours
- Globe Theatre Tour: Monday to Saturday 12.00pm and Sunday 11.00am
- Afternoon tea is served: Monday to Saturday 1.00pm and Sunday 12.00pm
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
Take a Harry Potter Walking Tour into the magical world of wizardry in London and learn about the ci...
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating pr...
Tea with the Queen is not something we can arrange when you visit London. But don’t be disappointed,...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
The Tower Bridge Experience offers you the opportunity to explore Tower Bridge as a living monument ...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Discover some of the most picturesque highlights of the Cotswolds and visit UNESCO-listed Blenheim P...
Escape the crowded tubes and explore London on board the Thames Clippers. The fastest fleet of boats...