1.5-hour Nightwatchman walk in Medieval Lucerne
- Admire the historic buildings in the city center
- Learn about Lucerne in the middle ages with a guide
- Explore narrow streets where demons and witches are said to have lived
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introduces himself and tells you about his hard life in the middle ages. You will have a detailed look into the Martiniplan and the first city map of Lucerne.
Delve into Lucerne’s ancient history on this 1.5-hour Nightwatchman walking tour. Follow a guide, dressed in medieval attire, through the streets of Lucerne and hear about life here in the Middle Ages. See the 16th-century Martiniplan — the city’s first map — and admire historic buildings still in place to this day. Hear colorful tales from Lucerne’s dark past, and explore narrow streets where demons and witches are said to dwell. With supporting images via projector and iPad along the way, see a side of medieval Lucerne that many visitors miss.
- Walking tour with English-speaking, Medievally dressed Local Guide
- Media presentation
- Transfers to/from meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
- Youths aged (13-19): reduced
- Children aged (0-12): free
Rosengart Platz, 6004 Luzerne, Switzerland
Meet your guide at Rosengartplatz on Rathausquai, next to the wooden Chapel Bridge, on the right-hand riverside.
- The duration of the tour is 90 minutes in summer and 60 minutes in winter
- Maximum group size of 15 people
- Tour is not recommended for children under the age of 13
- The covered walking distance is 1.6 km which is approx. 1 mile
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as most of the route is cobblestoned
- The tour takes place in all weather. Please dress appropriate and/or bring an umbrella
- Tuesdays and Thursdays after sunset
- Please see calendar for exact start time
- Tour is available from May to October
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by ...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Mount Pilatus – the Golden Round Trip has it all! Enjoy on this afternoon excursion the ascent by di...
Walk to the bike rental station after meeting your guide, Ralf, where after some practice and explan...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...