Bern capital and countryside tour from Lucerne
- Drive through Entlebuch valley - Switzerland's first UNESCO Biosphere
- Indulge in Switzerland's best-known premium biscuits
- Learn about the traditional production of an Emmentaler AOP
- Marvel at the late Gothic Münster Cathedral
- Stroll under the characteristic arcades to the Zytglogge clock tower
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland! This tour follows the scenic route of the Grand Tour of Switzerland passing through stunning landscapes and the rural Entlebuch and Emmental valleys. Pay a visit to the Kambly Experience to taste some delicious premium biscuits and the Emmental cheese factory for a sample of the biggest cheese in the world.
Board a comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers) for this exclusive small group tour! Take a scenic drive through the unspoilt moorlands and idyllic alpine pastures of the Entlebuch valley - Switzerland's first UNESCO Biosphere. Crossing the border to the Emmental valley, you reach the Kambly Experience.
Learn about the origins of Switzerland's best-known premium biscuit brand and watch the master confectioners at work. Indulge in unique flavours and try as many biscuits of the tantalizing variety as you like! Continue through typical Bernese backcountry towards the Swiss capital Bern. Here you will take time for an informative walk through the charming Old Town, a designated UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Marvel at the late Gothic Cathedral (Münster), stroll under the characteristic arcades to the clock tower (Zytglogge) and pay a visit to the Parliament building overlooking the beautiful Aare River.
Enjoy leisure time for lunch and some souvenir shopping before continuing through fascinating rural landscapes and its rich heritage. See grazing cows on green hills producing best milk, the principal ingredient for the world famous Emmentaler cheese. Stop at the show dairy right on time for the highlight of the day! Through the window, you can watch the cheese masters taking out the fresh cheese from the pot by hand. Afterwards you learn about the traditional production of an Emmentaler AOP during the cheese tasting.
- Live driver-guide speaking in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers)
- Visit of Kambly Experience, incl. biscuit tasting
- Guided city walk in Bern
- Visit of Emmental show dairy, incl. cheese tasting
- Personal expenses
- Children aged (6-15): Reduced
Frankenstrasse 2-4, 6003 Lucerne
Meet your tour on the sidewalk next to Lucerne train station.
- Must be at least 6 years old to join this tour
- Summer / fall schedule from 1 May to 31 October:
- Tour operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9.30am
- Winter / spring schedule from 1 November to 30 April:
- Tour operates ONLY on Saturdays at 9.30am
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tours start time
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by ...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Mount Pilatus – the Golden Round Trip has it all! Enjoy on this afternoon excursion the ascent by di...
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introdu...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...