- Enjoy mountain experience at 2132 meters above sea level
- Enjoy breathtaking 360° view over the Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy a local meal in the restaurant Bellevue or Pilatus Kulm
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by the world's steepest cogwheel railway from Alpnachstad (operating only from May till November). Enjoy the 30 minutes ride with the panoramic cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg, where you can raise your adrenaline during the visit of the biggest rope park of Central Switzerland (suitable for visitors from 4 years old). In winter there are sledding routes going down to Krienseregg and Kriens.
At Fräkmüntegg you will change into the new cableway Dragon Ride and reach in 4 minutes the Pilatus Kulm at 2132 meters above sea level. At the top of the Lucerne home mountain, you can enjoy the great panoramic view over the Swiss mountains and the Lake Lucerne. In few minutes you can also reach one of the three peaks at Pilatus Kulm (Esel, Oberhaupt or Tomlishorn) and enjoy your walk in the Swiss mountains or on Dragon Gallery route. Pilatus is also called Dragon mountain because of the legends about a dragon living there.
You can choose to begin your journey from Alpnachstad, and travel by the world's steepest cogwheel railway for 30-40 minutes. You can also experience the cogwheel railway on your way down, even if you started your journey from Kriens.
At Krienseregg (at the middle station of the panoramic cable car), at Fräkmüntegg and at Pilatus Kulm you can try some specialties in one of the restaurants. Even Queen Victoria stayed at the Pilatus mountain and one of the restaurants at Pilatus Kulm is named after her.
- Cable car between Kriens and Fräkmüntegg
- Cableway between Fräkmütegg and Pilatus Kulm
- Journey by the world's steepest cogwheel railway between Alpnachstad and Pilatus Kulm
- Personal expenses
- Transport from Lucerne to Kriens
- Rope park entry or sledding rental
- Children ages 6-15: reduced rate
Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens, Switzerland
Please redeem your voucher at the cable car station in Kriens (Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens) or at the cogwheel railway station (Brünigstrasse 2, 6053 Alpnachstad) in Alpnachstad (from May till November). After that, you can board the cable car at Pilatus-Bahnen station in Kriens or the cogwheel train in Alpnachstad.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Your ticket is valid for a round trip from Kriens or Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm and back
- You can choose to start your journey in Kriens or from 15 May until 18 November 2018 in Alpnachstad
- You can choose to go up and down on the same side or finish the journey on a different side of the mountain
- Travel from Kriens to Pilatus Kulm includes 30 minutes on the panoramic gondola and 4 minutes on the new cableway Dragon Ride
- Journey from Alpnachstad up is 30 minutes and down 40 minutes
- You can see the timetable here
- Make sure you don't miss the last ride down!
- The panoramic gondola and the cableway Dragon Ride is closed from 22 October to 9 November 2018. During that period you can only take the cogwheel train up and down from Alpnachstad
- The cogwheel operates only from 15 May until 18 November 2018
This thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to Jungfraujoch will be the highlight of your Sw...
Combine Lucerne’s landmark mountain with a cruise on Lake Lucerne. Both of the experiences are an ab...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
De l’émoi d’Eddy de Pretto. Avec une hardiesse dans ses textes, le jeune français scande sans fiorit...
Holy Groove Festival & les Docks présentent JOEL CULPEPPER (UK) + TANIKA CHARLES (CA) + Aftershow au...
FOLK / ROCK / BLUES 15.- / 18.- / 30.- (avec l'album) gratuit avec la carte 20ans100francs et le Pas...