Silver roundtrip self-guided tour to Mount Pilatus from Lucerne
- Ride to Pilatus Kulm with the world's steepest cogwheel railway from Alpnachstad
- Enjoy a train ride between Alpnachstad to Lucerne
- See the mountains and valleys from the panoramic cable car between Kriens and Pilatus
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilatus). If you wish to take the trip to the opposite direction, you can start by taking the train from Alpnachstad.
From Kriens, take the panoramic cable car to reach Mount Pilatus. Enjoy the 30 minutes ride with the panoramic cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg, where you can visit the biggest rope park of Central Switzerland (suitable for visitors from 4 years old). In winter there are sledding routes going down to Krienseregg and Kriens.
At Fräkmüntegg you will change into the new cableway Dragon Ride and reach in 4 minutes the Pilatus Kulm at 2132 meters above sea level. At the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the great panoramic views of the Swiss mountains and the Lake Lucerne. In few minutes you can also hike up to one of the three peaks at Pilatus Kulm (Esel, Oberhaupt or Tomlishorn). Pilatus is also called the Dragon mountain because of the legends about a dragon living there.
On your way back, you get to experience the 40 minutes ride down with the world's steepest cogwheel railway to Alpnachstad. From Alpnachstad you will take the train to Lucerne. During your journey, you can stop at Krienseregg, Fräkmüntegg and Pilatus Kulm to try some local specialties in one of the restaurants.
For exact timetables please click HERE
- Bus connection between Lucerne and Kriens
- Panorama cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg
- Cableway Dragon Ride from Fräkmüntegg to Pilatus Kulm
- Cogwheel railway from Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad
- Train from Alpnachstad to Lucerne
- Meal and drinks
- Rope park entry and sled rental
- Children aged (6-15): reduced
Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens, Switzerland
Start the round trip by taking the bus no. 1 from Lucerne to the "Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus" stop. Show the voucher on the bus and at the valley station of the cable car in Kriens. You will get the ticket for the Silver Round Trip at the station in Kriens. If you wish to take the trip to the other direction, get on the train from track no. 14, direction Giswil, and please show the voucher on the train from Lucerne to Alpnachstad. Then redeem the voucher at the cash desk of the cogwheel railway (Pilatus Railway) when you arrive in Alpnachstad.
- Maximum of 9 people per booking
- Please note that this is a self-guided tour
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Choose the 1st class ticket for a better train experience: First class ticket holders are seated in more comfortable seats with more space. 2nd class ticket holders are seated in smaller seats
- You can choose to take the Silver Round Trip to both directions
- Tickets are available from May to 17 November
- You can see the cable car and cogwheel train timetables here
- Make sure you don't miss the last ride down!
This thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to Jungfraujoch will be the highlight of your Sw...
Enjoy full-day excursion to one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions, the idyllic Bernese...
Don´t miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday and join this thrilling and unforgettable excursion to...
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Take a full-day excursion to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Located at the fo...
Enjoy an unforgettable journey into a singular world of eternal winter! Ascend from Engelberg by the...
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland! This tour follows the scenic route of the Grand Tour of Swit...
Use your entrance ticket to head inside the Swiss Chocolate Adventure, a new attraction located at t...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...