Historical city center walking tour with typical sweet tasting
- Discover the lively streets, gastronomy and the vibrant life of the city
- Admire the most beautiful buildings in the city centre with a professional guide
- Visit one of the oldest candy store and taste "Las Alegrias", a typical Mexican sweet
Take part to this unique tour to explore Mexico City and enjoy walking around its historical center. You will meet your guide at the main entrance door of the Palacio de Bellas Arte, ubicated on one side of la Alameda Central in front of la Torre Latinoamericana.
We will discover this beautiful building from the XX century. The decoration inside is art deco combined with a pre-Hispanic elements. You will then reach the Palacio de Correos, work of the Italian architect Adamo Boari. This wonderful complex was inaugurated in 1907 and has an Italian facade and a spectacular interior staircase. Just a few steps, you can not miss the Casa de los Azulejos, this name is for its till-covered facade.
A stop is organized at the bakery called “La Ideal”, where you will find a great variety of cakes.
The historical city center is a special place for the resident´s live. They usually meet there to do shopping, walk around, visit museums or attend a show in the Zocalo. People of all ages and social classes coexist together every day.
We will then visit one of the oldest Candy store and have the chance to try a speciality “las alegrías”.This sweet is prepared with a cereal from preHispanico called amaranto, a mix of honey and seasoned of pips and also peanuts. After this treat, the visit will go on with the Metropolitana Cathedral and then the Campanario de la Catedral. We will also stop at Templo Mayor. This place has a modern museum where you can find the most important treasures found during the excavations.
The last stop will be the Palacio Nacional. This enclosure belong to Federal de Mexico executive power its construction started in the first middle of XVI century with extract stones from Templo Mayor. At the end of the visit, you can stay and continue to explore the historical center of the city.
- Official Tourist Guide for the panoramic walk
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees to Templo Mayor
- Entrance fees to Campanario de la Catedral
- Tasting of a typical sweet
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Any personal expenses
Av. Juárez, Centro Histórico, 06050 Ciudad de México, CDMX, México
Palacio de Bellas Artes main entrance
- Please be aware that the visit includes a lot of walking. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- Bring an umbrella and a raincoat during the rainy season ( rom end of May to October)
- Templo Mayor charges a fee to take pictures (without flash) or video recording (no professional) which is not included in the tour
- Flash cameras are forbidden in front of the Murales del Palacio Nacional.
- The guards of the Palacio Nacional do not want to be photographed.
- The Palacio Nacional is closed on Mondays or national days or during special events which are not predictable and are out of our control.
- Frequency: Tuesday & Friday.
- Departure time: 10.00am
- Check in time: 9.45am
You will meet your guide and start your visit at our office Julia Travel. The first stop will be in ...
This is the best option to visit Mexico City in one day at your own pace. You can get on and off all...
Your tour begins with hotel pickup in Mexico City in the morning. Board your private vehicle and hea...
This attraction will take you to explore one of the most sacred places in Mexico: the Basilica Lady ...
Discover Mexico City exploring its vibrant neighborhoods on a guided bike tour. From green parks, wi...
This is one of our most colorful tours, not only for visiting the famous "Casa Azul" and seeing some...
Come and have fun, get excited, and be passionate with the world's best. Mexican wrestling is distin...
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Mexico City, where you'll visit the archeological zone of Tla...
Visit Teotihuacan "City of the Gods" in the early morning when the sun begins to rise over the pyram...
During a trip in Mexico City, you can not miss this visit of the Frida Kahlo Museum. Mexico is famou...