Bernina Express Train: day-trip to the Swiss Alps
- Milan to St Moritz aboard the Bernina Express
- Through the Bernina Pass and high into the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy the astounding views and engineering of the route
- Free time to explore the mountain paradise of St Moritz
The Bernina Express is Europe’s highest alpine railway and follows one of the world’s most spectacular routes up to 2,253 meters above sea level. It’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Your journey starts amid the palms of Tirano in northern Italy and takes you up the spiral Brusio viaduct and through the Bernina Pass into the Engadin Valley before arriving at St Moritz. Along the way, you'll pass wild gorges and icy glaciers, cross soaring bridges and shoot through loop tunnels. This north-south Alpine crossing offers breathtaking views and stunning scenery as you travel over boldly curved viaducts and through winding tunnels.
After the train journey, you’ll visit the exclusive resort of St Moritz and enjoy free time to explore before returning to Milan by air-conditioned coach.
- 7.00am: Departure from Milan, Zani Viaggi Agency / Milan Visitor Centre - Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani (MM1 Cairoli)
- 10.00am: Arrival at Tirano, free time to explore and have lunch. In the early afternoon, panoramic trip onboard the famous Bernina Express (journey time around 2.5 hrs)
- 3.30pm: Arrival at St Moritz – free time to explore the city
- 4.30pm: Departure to Milan
- About 8.00pm: Arrival at Milan, Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani
- Bernina Express ticket (2nd class)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional tour leader
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Infant 0-3 years old: free of charge
- Children 4-11 years old: reduced fee
Zani Viaggi Agency - Milan Visitor Center: Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani (MM1 Cairoli)
Return to the original departure point
- Times subjected to organization and/or traffic problem
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller
- From April to October: Everyday at 7:00 AM
- Languages: English only (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday); English and Spanish (Monday and Thursday); English and Portuguese (Wednesday)
- From November to March: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 7:00 AM
- Language: English only
Celebrated by poets and painted by artists from every period, Lake Como is considered one of the mos...
You’ve just walked past all the people waiting in line. Welcome to one of the world’s most celebrate...
Milan’s Cathedral, also called the Duomo of Milan, is found in the center of the city and is a stunn...
Venice really needs no introduction! The watery city, home to gondoliers in stripy jerseys singing i...
Take a day trip from Milan to discover the beautiful town of Verona, the famous setting of Shakespea...
Una storia dimenticata lega Leonardo da Vinci alla città di Milano: la storia di una vigna. La vigna...
Experience Milan’s historical highlights with an expert local guide as you take a three-hour walking...
Meet your Greeter at Milan Central Station and board on your high-speed train to reach Venice Santa ...
Dal 16 dicembre il nuovissimo spazio espositivo fotografico Mudec Photo ospita la mostra “Steve McCu...
In a group of six people you could reach the battlements that are closed to the public on the way to...