- Visit Torre Branca and reach the highest point in Milan at Parco Sempione
- Admire Gio Ponti's work of art
- Reach the scenic terrace by lift
- Milan's skyline awaits you for a dip in the clouds
In the 30's, the rising city built its totem in the clearing of 'Parco Sempione'. Designed by Gio Ponti, the tower is considered a true work of art in which modern architecture and new techniques meet. Slim and transparent, a true architectural challenge, it was erected in record time– just two and a half months. It was built in 1933, on the occasion of the 5th Trienniale Exhibition, along with six large isolated, temporary arches designed by Sironi. Milan gets the "European exclusive" of an International Triennial Exhibition of decorative, industrial arts and modern architecture.
The intervention of Branca:
Having become unusable, the Tower was decommissioned in 1972. It has been completely restored and made accessible again by Fratelli Branca, a name it began bear in 2002.
The technical data:
All in Dalmine pipes, made from a special steel, flanged and bolted, the Tower is 108.60 meters high. The main structure has a pyramidal-trunk shape with a hexagonal section, from a side that reaches six meters to the base. At an altitude of 100 meters, the side of the hexagon it's still 4.45 meters. The very slight taper suggests an almost prismatic appearance. Today, a modern lift system allows entrance to the indoor Belvedere Club– five people at a time, in less than one minute.
At the base of the renovation work, there was a will to hand over to the city of Milan, a restaurant-bar that could also host events. The Branca wanted to help awaken the pride of Milan with a unique landmark– a symbol of a new, creative and innovative effort, projected into the future. At the base of the tower there is a metal support structure, of semicircular shape, inspired by the elements of the fascinating work of monumental art meant to represent a natural technological evolution. It constitutes an axis of orientation that respects the squareness of the monumental architectures of the park (Palazzo dell' Arte, Castello, Arena and Arco della Pace) and is located at a lower level than the base, to avoid visually interfering with the monument. The beautiful casing and wall, facing the side of the park in high-strength transparent crystal, allow a suggestive perspective view of the Tower from the inside.
Private events at Torre Branca:
Torre Branca can be rented by companies and individuals for parties, corporate events and cocktails with panoramic views and exhibitions. For more information you can contact the Musement Customer Care by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0245386900 Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 7.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9.00am to 7.00pm.
- Climb to the lookout deck cabin with elevator
- Additional booking fee: 1.00 €
- Free admission for children under 3
- Discount ticket for children aged 3 to 6
Torre Branca, in Sempione Park, near the Triennale.
- Only up to 5 people may visit Torre Branca simultaneously
- All Tower tours last about 7 minutes
- In the event of bad weather or strong winds, the Tower will be closed
- On Wednesdays, students and pensioners may visit the Tower for free
WINTER HOURS (mid-September to mid-May):
- Wednesday: from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, from 4 pm to 6.30 pm
- Saturday: from 10.30 am to 1 pm, from 3 pm to 6.30 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Sunday: from 10.30 am to 2 pm, from 2.30 pm to 7 pm
SUMMER HOURS (mid-May to mid-September):
- Tuesday: from 3 pm to 7 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Wednesday: from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, from 3 pm to 7 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Thursday: from 3 pm to 7 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Friday: from 3 pm to 7 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Saturday: from 10.30 am to 2 pm, from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
- Sunday: from 10.30 am to 2 pm, from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm, from 8.30 pm to 12 am
Enjoy a day of complete relaxation and wellbeing: get yourself pampered with the treatments and cour...
Milan’s Cathedral, also called the Duomo of Milan, is found in the center of the city and is a stunn...
Una storia dimenticata lega Leonardo da Vinci alla città di Milano: la storia di una vigna. La vigna...
Experience Milan’s historical highlights with an expert local guide as you take a three-hour walking...
The Duomo is one of the most important symbols of Milan. It is the third largest Catholic Cathedral ...
Enjoy an exclusive tour in the heart of Milan with a guided visit of the La Scala Museum and Theatre...
Milan, 1498. Ludovico called “il Moro” encourage French army in Italy to use them against his enemie...
Choose this 2-hour walking tour and dive into the unexpected Renaissance side of Milan. Start with t...
Treat yourself to this amazing package covering two of northern Italy’s most fascinating cities in a...
Enter one of the most historically-significant places in the heart of Milan on a trip from the past ...