The tour starts at Shatti Al-Qurum, the expensive residential area which houses multiple embassies, thus it is also known as Muscat's Diplomatic District. You will then head to Nakhl fort, which is a typical Omani village, situated at the foot of the mountains dominating all around it. An abundant source of water irrigates the flourishing date plantations. As you approach Nakhl you will spot the fortress on a small hill just outside the town. The fort has pre-Islamic origins and it dates back to the Sassanids time, built against incursions by the Arab tribes. You will visit the fort and the mineral-laden Al Thowarah Hot Springs. Afterward, the tour will take you by the seaside towards the gold souq of Seeb. Once you have explored the variety of goods that Seeb souq can offer, you will be taken at Avenue Mall where the tour ends.
Day trips & excursions
North and Nakhl fort tour from Muscat
Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Duration: 4 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Discover Nakhl village with its majestic fortress and Al Thowarah Hot Springs
- Take a look at the unique palms of date plantations
- Explore the eclectic Souq of Seeb
What to expect
- Pick-up service
- Guide, and audioguide available in Spanish, German, Italian, French
- Nakhl fort entrance
What's not included
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
Children under 12 years old: reduced
Pick-up service is available from your hotel in Muscat. Please provide your hotel information when booking.
What to remember
- Pick-up service will be 15 minutes to 1 hour prior to tour start time. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed 24 hours before your tour
- Cancellation is free up to 24 hours prior to tour date (local time), after that full charge will be applied
- Prices may change during peak season: please refer to calendar
Tour starts at 2.00pm
Gray Line Emirates
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.