Tickets for Castel Sant'Elmo
- Discover a fourteenth-century fortress built into the tufa rock
- Explore the star-shaped fortification and its museum
- Enjoy magnificent views from the summit
- A great day out from the hot centre of Naples
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hill, 250 meters above sea level.
This medieval fortress is located on the old site of a church dedicated to St Erasmo (shortened to Elmo) and is also known as Belforte. It was the residence of King Charles d'Anjou, who renovated it in 1329.
Partly built into the volcanic tufa rock, the castle has a museum and hosts art exhibitions, shows, concerts and conferences.
- Admission to Castel Sant'Elmo
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 24 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Via Tito Angelini 20, 80139 Naples
- Admission to the museum is free on the first Sunday of the month
- The price breakdown is as follows: Full price ticket €5 + €2 presale; Reduced ticket €2.50 + €2 presale; Free ticket (Special reduced) €0 + €2 presale
- In order to take advantage of the discount/free admission, you must present a valid identity document at the ticket office. Visitors who fail to meet this requirement will not be admitted to the site.
- How to get there:
- Montesanto Funicular Railway: MORGHEN station
- Chiaia Funicular Railway: PIAZZA AMEDEO station
- Metro: Line 1 - VANVITELLI station
- ANM Bus: Line V1 - PIAZZALE SAN MARTINO stop
- Monday-Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on Tuesdays and on 1 May and 25 December
Underground Naples is the city's most famous and fascinating route. Guides will take you on a journe...
Explore Naples with a 24-hour ticket valid for up to 2 routes on this panoramic hop-on hop-off sight...
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the ...
Un itinerario lungo un miglio, alla scoperta dei tesori nascosti del Rione Sanità.Percorrere il Migl...
Le Catacombe di San Gennaro sono disposte su due livelli non sovrapposti, entrambi caratterizzati da...
Sotto la Basilica di Santa Maria della Sanità, centro nevralgico del Rione, sorge quello che era il ...
Discover the city of Naples and its wonders during this walking tour that will take you to the histo...
Less busy and smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum is considered by many to be a better preserved examp...
Spend an enchanting day discovering the beautiful island of Capri on this private 6-hour boat excurs...
Drive along the Amalfi Coast taking in spectacular views, rolling hills, and quaint towns, see the s...