Tickets for Castel Sant'Elmo
- Discover a 14th-century fortress built into the tufa rock
- Explore the star-shaped fortification and its museum
- Enjoy magnificent views from the summit
- A great day out from the hot center of Naples
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hill, 250 meters above sea level.
This medieval fortress is located on the old site of a church dedicated to St Erasmo (shortened to Elmo) and is also known as Belforte. It was the residence of King Charles d'Anjou, who renovated it in 1329.
Partly built into the volcanic tufa rock, the castle has a museum and hosts art exhibitions, shows, concerts and conferences.
- Admission to Castel Sant'Elmo
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 25 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Via Tito Angelini 20, 80139 Naples
- Admission to the museum is free on the first Sunday of the month
- The prices are composed as follows: Full €5 + €2.20 booking costs, Reduced €2 + €2.20 booking costs
- In order to take advantage of the discount/free admission, you must present a valid identity document at the ticket office. Visitors who fail to meet this requirement will not be admitted to the site.
- How to get there:
- Montesanto Funicular Railway: MORGHEN station
- Chiaia Funicular Railway: PIAZZA AMEDEO station
- Metro: Line 1 - VANVITELLI station
- ANM Bus: Line V1 - PIAZZALE SAN MARTINO stop
- Monday-Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on Tuesdays and on 1 May and 25 December
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the ...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Explore Naples with a 24-hour ticket valid for up to 2 routes on this panoramic hop-on hop-off sight...
Un itinerario lungo un miglio, alla scoperta dei tesori nascosti del Rione Sanità.Percorrere il Migl...
Under the Basilica of Santa Maria della Sanità (St. Mary of Health), at the heart of the district, l...
Crossing the Arch of Triumph, wanted by Alfonso d'Aragona, a great adventure awaits you among the wo...
Discover the city of Naples and its wonders during this walking tour that will take you to the histo...
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
This tour is the reason why many tourists come to Italy: Capri is at the same time a wonderful natur...
One of the symbols of the city of Naples, the Certosa was founded in 1325 by Charles, Duke of Calabr...