Guided swamp and bayou boat tour
- Guided swamp and bayou sightseeing boat tour
- Native guides describing the Cajun culture
- See alligators, snakes, turtles and birds
- Learn about the wetlands and the efforts to save them
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun joie de vivre. After a short motorcoach ride across the Mississippi river, you will:
- take a fascinating boat trip into the Louisiana swamps and bayous
- discover how the seafood from Louisiana provides a wide assortment of delectable local dishes
- observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes.
- see how some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year
- learn why the wetlands are disappearing due to coastal erosion and man’s efforts to correct the damage it has done and restore this vital habitat
- see some typical sights so bring your camera to capture the “bon temps” (good times) on the bayou
- Narrated roundtrip transportation
- Narrated swamp cruise in covered vessel
- Snacks are not included but are available for purchase at the swamp
- Gratuity (optional)
- Children (ages 0-5): free
- Children (ages 6-12): reduced
600 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Gray Line Light House on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River) Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River
- Children 6 and younger are complementary if they do not occupy a seat
- This activity is wheelchair accessible, but special arrangements need to be made for a wheelchair-accessible bus at least 72 hours prior to tour date
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to hotel are not included
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. Please submit any special requests at least 48 hours in advance of your reservations
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
This tour is available daily:
- in April at 8:45am, 10.45am and 12.45pm
- in May and June at 8.45am, 10.45am, 12.45pm and 2.45pm
- in July, August and September at 8.45am and 2:45pm
- in October at 8.45am
- in November and December at 10.45am and 12.45pm
- All tours and cruises depart from the Lighthouse Ticket Office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River.
- You will find the Gray Line offices directly behind the JAX Brewery, which is located at 600 Decatur St. The ticket office is directly in front of the Steamboat Natchez
Take an eye-opening look into American history and visit 2 out of 3 prominent plantation homes along...
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
On the grounds of Oak Alley, enjoy a sumptuous Plantation Country Brunch featuring Crawfish Etouffee...
Hop on "Santa's bus” for a narrated tour to New Orleans’ City Park, one of the ten largest urban par...
Let the good times roll year round with a Mardi Gras themed jazz brunch cruise down the mighty Missi...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...