St. Louis Cemetery #1 Traditions Tour
- Learn about the history of some of the most famous and infamous residents of New Orleans
- Enter this private cemetery with your professional guide
- Admire the beauty of the ornate tombs marking the resting places of so many NOLA residents
New Orleans’ Cemeteries offer more than beautifully ornate tombs - they are steeped in history. Created in 1789, St. Louis Cemetery #1 has stood for more than two hundred years, and within its maze lies the monuments of stories of New Orleans most famous- and infamous- residents.
At St. Louis Cemetery #1 you will see the tombs of New Orleans notables Marie Laveau, Homer Plessy, and even the empty tomb of Nick Cage. No one should leave New Orleans without visiting one of our “cities of the dead.”
But it’s more than just the dead- on this tour you will learn the about the burial customs, traditions, and people that made New Orleans what it is today. Take a walk with us through New Orleans history seen through the eyes of those that have left us.
NOTE: You can not enter St Louis number one without a guided tour. The cemetery is closed to the public.
- 1.5 hour guided walking tour with entry to St. Louis Cemetery #1
- Peronsal expenses
- Children 5 years and under: free
- Children 6-12 years of age: reduced
- Seniors 65+: reduced
600 Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112
On Corner of Rampart St. and Toulouse St.
- Tour is designed to be 1.5 hours, but can run up to 2 hours
- Check in is 15 minutes prior to start
- Comfy shoes should be worn will be standing and walking for 1.5 - 2 hours
Every day at 10.00am
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...
Gear up for possibly the most fun walking tour you've ever had! This three-hour cocktail history tou...
Satisfy both your appetite and intellect with a four-hour New Orleans food and cocktail history tour...
With The Sightseeing FLEX Pass, you select the number of attractions you would like to see and then ...
Explore New Orleans on a fantastic hop-on hop-off bus tour, with a 1 or 3-day pass. The unlimited na...