2-hour walking tour of Pisa
- Explore the beautiful city of Pisa with an expert guide
- Learn about the history and everyday life of Pisa
- See the main attractions but also sites that are off the beaten track
Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of Pisa, exploring the major attractions but also getting to see some of the sites that are off the beaten track and popular with locals.
This walking tour will introduce you to the real city of Pisa – right up to and beyond the iconic Leaning Tower.
A unique way to enjoy this unpretentious university city where you have the opportunity to learn about history and monuments but also the every day life of a small and lively Medieval Tuscan town.
See the city from a different perspective – discover hidden spots, take pictures of the city from unusual places, See, of course, the Leaning Tower plus other famous monuments.
The tour starts at 9:45am at the fountain in front of Pisa central railway station and ends at 11:45am at the monumental complex of the Cathedral and Leaning Tower where, after a general introduction about the history of the complex, you will continue your day in Pisa exploring on your own. From the fountain you'll start exploring the city from the southern side all the way up to the Leaning Tower on the northern side, learning about the four districts Pisa is divided into all inside the Medieval perimeter wall.
After visiting the mural by Keith Haring, the largest he ever painted and the only one meant to be permanent, you will stroll along the busy and pedestrian Corso Italia all the way up to the river Arno enjoying the views from the riverbanks and visiting the districts of San Antonio and San Martino with their highlights.
Past the river you'll go through the very heart of Pisa, walking along the Borgo Stretto and visting the districts of San Francesco (Galileo's neighborhood) and Santa Maria.
Before getting to the Cathedral and Leaning Tower there will be a stop at the beautiful Piazza dei Cavalieri, once the heart of the Medieval Maritime Republic of Pisa, completely redesigned at the end of the Sixtheenth Century by Florentine architects.
- Fully narrated 2 hour guided walking tour
- Expert local guide
- Transportation to meeting point
- Children (0-11): free of charge
- Teenagers (12-17): reduced
Piazza della Stazione, 56125 Pisa PI
Meet your guide at 9:45am at the fountain right in front of Pisa central railway station. The guide will be easily recognizable by the sign with the logo of Pisa Walking Tours.
- The itineary is absolutely easy going, wheelchair accessible and the walking is always at a leisurely pace
- The tour is meant for small size groups, maximum 15 people
- Wear comfortable shoes
- The tour takes place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (occasionally on Mondays and Sundays)
- Meeting point is at the fountain in front of Pisa Centrale train station
- Meeting time is at 9:45am
- The tour ends up at the Leaning Tower at 11:45am
Leave Florence behind and head to Pisa, the beautiful city known worldwide for its Leaning Tower and...
Departs from Pisa to Florence where the tour starts. The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area ...
Departs in the morning from Pisa to discover Florence. Have free time to visit Florence on your own....
Departs in the morning from Pisa with our shuttle service. Once in Florence meet the tour leader and...
Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of the city of Pisa and then climb the Leaning Tower with guarant...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to discover one of the most beautiful places in Tuscany, the mysteri...