Experience Savini Tartufi near Pisa
- Enter the Italian truffle shrine
- Go hunting for truffles in the woods
- Enjoy a truffle-based lunch
The Savini family has always been involved in the truffle business in Tuscany, a passion that has been handed down for four generations since the early 1920s. Even today, as then, we collect the fresh truffles of the season and give life to a complete processing cycle that we follow directly: from harvesting to selection, from cleaning to processing, and from packaging to delivery. In Tuscany it is possible to find truffles all year round, from the precious black truffle to the black Scorzone winter truffle, from the Bianchetto truffle to the black Scorzone summer truffle and on to the White Truffle par excellence, the “Tuber magnatum Pico.”
The Savinis and their truffle hunters cover, almost every day, the area within the provinces of Pisa, Florence, and Siena (Palaia, San Miniato, and Volterra), in the heart of Tuscany, and this provides the guarantee that the product retains high quality and a secure source.
The year 2007 was an overwhelming year for Savini Tartufi, full of emotions and indescribable satisfaction for those who love truffles as much as the Savinis do and dedicate every day of their life to it. A story that ended with one feat that will remain in the history of truffles: at the end of November in the hills of Palaia, Pisa, the Savinis discovered, thanks to the dog Rocco, the giant white truffle weighing 1.497 kg, which was auctioned off on December 1 at the charity event “Asta Internazionale del Tartufo di Toscana,” breaking the World Record for biggest truffle and for highest price ever paid for a white truffle—330,000 dollars.
At Savini Tartufi you will live the Truffle Experience, which consists of:
- A welcome at the Savini Museum, in the hall of memories where you can retrace the fundamental stages of the Savini family, linked to the world of truffles
- Truffle hunting in the woods with our dogs
- After returning, lunch prepared with Savini truffle products and fresh truffles of the season
- Savini Tartufi is located in Forcoli, in the province of Pisa; by purchasing the Savini Truffle Experience, you can add a return transfer from Florence with driver in a comfortable Mercedes car.
- Guided tour of the Savini Tartufi Museum
- Guided truffle hunting
- Lunch based on truffle
- Transfer from Florence (depending on choice option)
Piazza D'Ascanio, 56036 Montanelli, Palaia (PI)
Savini Tartufi or pick-up from Florence if selected. Your driver will come to pick you up at your hotel/residence an hour and a half before the guided tour
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- You can also choose the option with transport included from hotels or residences located in the center of Florence
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to state any allergies or food intolerances
- From Monday to Friday
- 10.00 a.m.
- Pickup from Florence at 8.40 a.m. (if selected)
Leave Florence behind and head to Pisa, the beautiful city known worldwide for its Leaning Tower and...
Departs from Pisa to Florence where the tour starts. The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area ...
Departs in the morning from Pisa to discover Florence. Have free time to visit Florence on your own....
Departs in the morning from Pisa with our shuttle service. Once in Florence meet the tour leader and...
Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of the city of Pisa and then climb the Leaning Tower with guarant...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to discover one of the most beautiful places in Tuscany, the mysteri...