Prague Castle in detail walking tour
- Enjoy a walking tour of Prague Castle with a local expert guide
- See inside the the Royal Palace and Lobkovicz Palace
- Visit St. Vitus Cathedral and St. George Basilica
- Take a stroll through the Lesser Town to Charles Bridge
Perched atop a high plateau, Prague Castle reigns majestically over the city below. Your guided walking tour of the castle's awe-inspiring interior confirms the mighty compound's reputation as the jewel in Prague's crown.
Your guide will narrate the history behind the castle's centuries-old stones as you're led along the cool and shady passageways of Prague Castle. As you stroll through the Royal Palace, St. Vitus's Cathedral, St. George's Basilica, Lobkovicz Place and Golden Lane, you'll discover the castle's varied history before walking through the Lesser Town to Charles Bridge.
Prague Castle is the world's largest coherent castle complex with an area of almost 70,000 m². A UNESCO World Heritage site, it consists of a large-scale composition of palaces and ecclesiastical buildings of various architectural styles, from 10th-century Roman-style buildings through Gothic modifications in the 14th century.
Lobkovicz Place, the only privately owned building in the Prague Castle complex, is home to the highly acclaimed Lobkowicz Collections. Highlights include works by masters such as Canaletto, Brueghel the Elder, Cranach, and Velázquez; an impressive display of family and royal portraits; fine porcelain, ceramics and rare decorative arts dating from the 16th to 20th centuries; an extensive collection of military and sporting rifles from the 16th to 18th centuries; musical instruments, original scores and manuscripts by Beethoven and Mozart, including Beethoven’s 4th and 5th symphonies and Mozart’s re-orchestration of Handel’s Messiah. You will learn important details of European history and the six-hundred-year history of the Lobkowicz family, including the dramatic story of how the family lost everything and got it back - twice.
Your tour ends in the vicinity of Prague Castle´s Eastern gate.
- Guided tour
- Admission to Prague Castle and Lobkovicz Palace
- Hotel pick-up
- Children three-to-ten years old: reduced
- Children two years old and under: free
- The bus to Prague Castle departs from Narodni Street 38
- You will be taken to Prague Castle by bus, even though it is a walking tour
- This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian
- Cancellations made within two hours of service date will be charged in full; more than two hours notice is fully refundable.
- Cancellation is not possible for last minute bookings
- Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at 1.30pm
You will visit several famous synagogues: the 13th century Old-New Synagogue, the oldest synagogue n...
Anyone who is interested in seeing the gorgeous scenery of ?eské St?edoho?í (Central Bohemian Upland...
A luxurious mini-bus will pick you up at your hotel and take you on a drive to a venue tucked away b...
After a long day exploring the sights, unwind the way the locals do with their favorite drink. Taste...
Your knowledgeable guide will explain what Operation Anthropoid was and who were the key players inv...
Enjoy the most photogenic natural creations of the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland National Park, hik...