Colosseum Belvedere tour with Roman Forum
- Special access to the newly opened Fifth Ring of the Colosseum, or Belvedere
- Stunning 360° views of the most famous monument in the world
- Visit also the third and fourth ring of the Colosseum, roped off to the general public
- Visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with your expert guide
- Dinner menu to keep you well-fed and happy
Explore more of the Colosseum than was previously possible, on our Colosseum Belvedere Tour, which takes you to areas of this architecturale masterpiece that were closed to the general public for decades.
With special access to the Colosseum Fourth and Fifth Ring, you can admire arena from a height of over 40 metres and a 360° perspective, to fully appreciate the monument in its full majesty from up above. Our extended Colosseum tour also takes you to the third-tier level of the Colosseum, not visited on regular Colosseum tours. Of course we’ll also visit all the general access areas visited on our regular Colosseum tours, giving you a more rounded view of this ancient structure.
After the Colosseum we’ll head onward to the Roman Forum and the “Via Sacra” or “Sacred Way” which is the main path through the Forum that once sparkled with festivals and triumphal processions. It begins at the temple which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated. Listen as your guide points out all of this, plus moneylenders’ shops and the home of the famous Vestal Virgins, bringing these magnificent ruins to life.
We finish our tour at the beginning, the Palatine Hill, where legend has it Remus and Romulus were found by the she-wolf, and where they went on to fight for the right to build their own city. Romulus won, making this exact spot where Rome was founded. Explore some of Rome’s oldest ruins, once decadent palaces and gardens, as well as some of the most beautiful views in the whole city.
Using headsets for the duration of the tour, will make it more intimate and your expert, English-speaking guide will be easy to hear and interact with. Your guide will be there to cater to your group’s needs and interests, making this tour our most special way to experience the wonders of Ancient Rome.
- Skip the Line Access & reservations fees to the Colosseum
- Access to the Third-tier level, Fourth-tier level and Fifth-tier level or Belvedere
- Skip the Line Access to the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants under 3/ free of charge
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo".
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departue of the tour at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Your guide coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
- The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
- Groups of 24 people or less including headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
01/04/2019 – 26/10/2019
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
08:30, 09:30, 10:00, 10:40, 12:40, 13:20
Have you always wanted to visit the Vatican but you absolutely hate wasting time in long lines? Here...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
The purpose of this City Sightseeing Rome new tour is to connect the most important sites of the cit...
Venture off the beaten path to experience the real flavors of Rome in the vibrant neighbourhoods of ...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...