Pompeii half-day tour from Rome with high speed train
- Guided visit to Pompeii with round trip transportation
- High-speed train: save time to explore Pompeii
- Discover the newly-opened Domus, frescoes & mosaics
- Max 25 people per group: personnalized attention
Visit Pompeii in half a day – saving hours of time compared with bus tours!
This half-day tour will depart from Termini Station in Rome, where you will meet your tour coordinator and receive your train tickets - let us take care of all seating arrangements, so that you can relax and enjoy your 1-hour trip to Naples. During the ride, enjoy the gorgeous scenery in the comfort of your air-conditioned, high-speed train.
Your local, expert guide will welcome you as soon as you arrive in Naples. Enjoy your short, exclusive private coach transfer to reach the excavation site of Pompeii where you will meet your official English-speaking guide. Here you will take part in a 2-hour fully guided tour of the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Pompeii is considered one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world. Here, time stopped in 79 AD, when Mt. Vesuvius covered people, streets and homes with ashes, capturing the lives of its inhabitants and the tragedy of that moment for eternity. Your guide will help you understand how the citizens lived prior to the eruption, and you will discover the ruins and death casts that have been preserved here for centuries.
You will also have the unique opportunity to explore the recently-opened Domus (homes of the ancient city’s most influential people) and after a short coffee break or local souvenir shopping, you will meet your driver who will accompany you back to Naples, who will stay with you until your departure to Rome on a high-speed train.
The coach will take you to the train station, where your English-speaking driver will take care of all arrangements to ensure that you have a comfortable, safe and relaxing trip back. You will have enough golden hours remaining to enjoy the rest of the day in the Eternal City.
- Tour as per description
- Entrance ticket & reservation fees to the Pompeii excavation site
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 pax
- English speaking local chaperon
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- High speed train tickets
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-1): free
- Children (2-14): reduced
- Please note - We regret that we are unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Galleria Termini, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
At Piazza dei Cinquecento in Rome, facing the main entrance of Termini train station. The meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance.
End point: Termini Station
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Extra measures may be implemented due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering the venue. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behaviour is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
- From June 1st to October 31st
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 07:15am
- This tour ends around 2:10 PM at Termini Station
La legendaria ciudad de Pompeya ha inspirado innumerables documentales, películas y libros. Declarad...
¡No te pierdas la atmósfera romántica de los pasados tiempos de la Serenissima Venecia! Únase a es...
¡Disfruta de un cómodo recorrido en bici por el centro histórico de Roma entre paisajes espectacular...
Déjate sorprender por la belleza del Palacio Real de Caserta, la residencia real de la Casa Borbón d...
Tómate una pausa de Roma y sus calles caóticas para pasar un día en la maravillosa Toscana. Este tou...
Disfrute de un día lejos del bullicio de la ciudad y únase a este viaje de 7.5 horas de duración des...
Genießen Sie einen Tag außerhalb des Trubels der Stadt und nehmen Sie an unserer 7,5-stündigen Reise...
¿Qué te parecería escapar una mañana de las concurridas y abarrotadas calles de Roma y explorar la p...
Este recorrido comienza en la escalinata española, al lado de la fuente Barcaccia en el centro de la...
Dispara al increíble centro histórico, una combinación incomparable de colores y luces, callejones e...