Rome in a day with guided tour to the Pantheon
- Visit all the top sites in a single day - with a private transfer to whisk you across the city
- Get all-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum
- Spend the day with an expert art historian tour guide
- See the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona - with a scoop of gelato thrown in for good measure
For those without much time to see Rome, we’ve combined two of our best-selling tours into one; to introduce you to all of Rome’s most important sights in a single day. Our Rome in a Day Tour distills the very essence of Roman history, culture, art, and architecture into a single day of immersive travel. Our expert guides will take you from the ancient roots of the Eternal City to the very height of its empire while giving you the stories and anecdotes that bring the epic tale to life.
We start at the Colosseum, bypassing the long lines with all-inclusive tickets that bring you straight to the ancient world’s greatest sports arena. Your guide will give you the harrowing tails of gladiators and martyrs that have made the Colosseum famous and also explain their political and social importance to ancient Romans.
Next you’ll stroll over to the Roman Forum to learn how it functioned as the beating heart of Rome’s all-encompassing empire. Instead of slogging through the crowds inside the Forum (we don’t have much time, after all!) your guide will lead you to a stunning overlook. From there you cant take in the entire Forum including the Senate House, and Temple of the Vestal Virgins. It will be easy to imagine how the Forum must have appeared 2,000 years ago as you hear the stories of war, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city.
No walk through ancient Rome is complete without stepping into the Pantheon. This nearly 2,000-year-old building has the largest un-reinforced concrete dome in the world. As you goggle up at it from inside, you’ll hear the story of how it was built and why it has inspired so many other buildings, from St. Peter’s Basilica to the U.S. Capitol Building.
Jumping ahead in history, you’ll be treated to a delicious gelato as you stroll through streets made famous by films like “Roman Holiday”, stopping at the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few glamorous photo ops.
You will then get transfered to near the Vatican: your local expert will accompany you in a taxi or bus to the Vatican just to make sure you don’t have any transport issues. Here you will have some free time for lunch before continuing with the Vatican Highlights tour. Once you’ve skipped the long lines of people waiting to get in with your all-inclusive ticket you’ll meet your Vatican expert and delve into one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
Our specially-curated Vatican tour highlights the best works in the huge (some might say “overwhelming”) collections and give you a broad understanding and appreciation of what you’re seeing. Along the way we’ll take in the Raphael Rooms, sculpture galleries, and the world-famous ‘Laocoön Group’.
The day ends contemplating Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. From there you can choose between extending your stay in the chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel. We recommend that you follow your guide since it will save you a walk of 30 - 40 minutes and, during busy times, over an hour of waiting in line.
With a group of 15 people or fewer, an expert local guide and no time wasted waiting in lines this tour guarantees unfettered access to Rome’s greatest historical and cultural treasures. If you only have a day to see it all, this is the ultimate tour to experience the epic grandeur of the Eternal City.
- The Colosseum
- Vatican Museums
- St Peter’s Basilica (optional)
- Campidoglio with view of the Roman Forum
- The Pantheon
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi Fountain
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum
- Privileged express entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Transport from City Center to the Vatican
- Free homemade gelato
- Groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
First part of your full day tour: Outside of Oppio Caffè located on Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum). Meet your guide at 2:00 PM for a departure at 2:15 PM. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are holy places and thus, the attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the Vatican.
- Your tour will end in St. Peter's Basilica where you will have skip the line entrance to get inside, though there is no guided explanation inside the church.
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair access, they are not conveniently located on the regular tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs.
01 April 2017 - 31 October 2017
- Daily (except Sundays)
01 November 2017 - 10 January 2018
- Daily (except Sundays)
11 January 2018- 28 February 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
01 March 2018 - 31 October 2018
Daily (except Sundays)
Meeting & Departure Time:
Meeting Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Time: 9:15 AM
This combo tour takes you to Rome's two most important attractions, the Vatican and the Colosseum, i...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalf...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
The invaluable masterpieces of the Vatican Museums represent an unmissable treasure. Being one of th...
We will pick you up in the early morning from Gray Line Rome office and transport you to the Vatican...