- Exclusive service combining VIP no wait Vatican Museums entrance with the Colosseum Arena
- Visit the Vatican Museums and iconic Colosseum at your own pace
- Explore the Eternal City’s must-see attractions in one day
If you are planning to visit the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum on your own, but would still like to skip the long lines, why not take advantage of this no wait entrance tickets service to the Vatican Museums and Colosseum with special Arena escorted entrance?
So how does no wait Vatican tickets work?
When you book your tickets, you’ll be provided with a voucher. This voucher doesn’t constitute a ticket and you won’t be able to enter the Vatican Museums with this voucher alone. Instead, your representative, who you’ll meet at a meeting point near the Vatican Museums, will escort you inside, helping you skip the line and exchanging your voucher for an actual ticket. Once past security, your representative will provide you with a City Wonders map to help you find your way around the Museum and navigate the works of the Sistine Chapel. And as simple as that, you are now free to explore the Vatican Museums on your own!
For you access to the Colosseum, your representative will escort you inside, helping you skip the line and exchanging your voucher for an actual ticket. You’ll be able to experience the immensity of ancient Rome’s most iconic symbol at your own pace, enjoying privileged direct access to the Arena Floor through the recently opened ‘Gladiator’s Entrance’, without the lines and long security checks.
Feel the glory and majesty of Rome at the height of its power as you walk on the very same stones as those who came to fight here in gladiatorial combat, treading in their footsteps out onto a partial reconstruction of the arena floor, looking up at the tiered ruins that were once filled with some 50,000-80,000 bloodthirsty spectators.
You are sure to hear their echoes as your eyes are drawn upward, your body turns and your mind is boggled by the elegance and engineering prowess of what was once the largest structure of its kind in the world, all from this unique 360° view, home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles.
Enjoy up-close views of the underground area where the spectacle was brought to life, and the panorama from where the Emperor’s box once stood, all special access areas that standard ticket holders don’t get to see. In addition, you’ll gain access to the second floor, tracing the Colosseum’s circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiator’s destiny hung on their whims.
After the tour you’ll also have the option of staying inside the Colosseum to continue your exploration or follow our representative to take advantage of the skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum. You’ll also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional bird’s-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
- Ticket & reservation fees for No Wait Access to the Vatican Museums.
- Map of the Vatican Museums including information on the Sistine Chapel
- Colosseum and Roman Forum ticket & reservation fees with privileged Colosseum Arena Access
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between two tours
- Children (4-14): reduced
- Infants (0-3): free
Vatican meeting point details: Near the corner of Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie and Via Candia, at the very bottom of the steps that join Via Candia to Viale Vaticano. Colosseum meeting point details: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo"
- Note that this is not a guided tour – it is a tickets only service
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the museums, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behaviour is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
Operating days: Monday-Saturday
Vatican Museums (AM Tour):
- Meeting Time: 08:15 am
- Departure Time: 08:30 am
Colosseum (PM Tour):
- Meeting Time: 12:45 pm
- Departure Time: 13:00 pm
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...